Crossbreed Supertucks...

PDA

aliasneo07
April 7, 2010, 02:02 AM
How long did it them to ship yours out, and how long have you had yours?

If you enjoyed reading about "Crossbreed Supertucks..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
usmarine0352_2005
April 8, 2010, 03:59 PM
Got mine in like a week or less and had it for a month or so.

Love it.

Probably the only IWB holster I'll ever need now......except when I need to get another Crossbreed Supertuck for a new gun.

mactex
April 8, 2010, 08:10 PM
I've purchased several and had them all within about a week. My oldest one still has the original plastic belt clips. Makes it, what, 3-4 years old? Most are less than 2 years old. Youngest is about 6 months old.

AKElroy
April 8, 2010, 08:21 PM
Got mine in less than two weeks, very nice quality, worked fine, ugly as a mud fence. Not my thing from a comfort standpoint, I just can't do IWB carry comfortably. When I carry full-size, it is in OWB open top pancakes under an untucked shirt. Sold it.

chg
April 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
I got mine in less than a week. Not pretty but how often do you show your IWB holsters off while wearing them? Comfortable, secure, and effective -YES!

aliasneo07
April 12, 2010, 11:33 PM
Damn its been like 3 weeks. I wonder if they send an email when they ship.

usmarine0352_2005
April 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
aliasneo07, I'd call them.

That sounds like a long time.

bigfatdave
April 14, 2010, 09:11 AM
I think they have shells on hand for the more common guns.

Didi you order a SuperTuck for something a little more rare?

Search threads started by me for CB ST reviews and pictures, I've pimped for my favorite holster maker a number of times.

Madcap_Magician
April 14, 2010, 09:18 AM
I got my first one for an H&K P7, which is not a common carry gun, in exactly two weeks.

I ordered another for an M&P 9c, which is a fairly common carry gun, and it's been 23 days.

Maybe they're just busy or something, because the first order's expected delivery time was 2-3 weeks, and this second order's delivery time estimate was 3-4.

aliasneo07
April 16, 2010, 01:52 AM
Definitely not an uncommon piece. Right hand horsehide G19. Ill email em tomorrow.

bigfatdave
April 16, 2010, 07:28 AM
They've always responded rapidly to EMail I sent, sometimes overnight (someone over there is a night-owl)
They haven't always given me the answer I wanted, of course ("could you do an OWB for a CZ52?" ... "no" / "would you put a couple of magazine slots on a minituck?" ... "no")
But at least they answer and treat you like a customer, not an annoyance.

todd128
April 16, 2010, 08:05 AM
it's been 2 weeks today since i ordered mine and still nothing hope it comes today

eight433
April 16, 2010, 08:13 AM
got mine in about a week for my PF9. Very comfy, but have not actually carried a full day with it yet.

Madcap_Magician
April 16, 2010, 10:25 AM
Got mine yesterday.

There shipping estimates are pretty good- almost always spot on, unless your holster comes... early.

Have a problem with mine, though... the sight channel is off center. Can still draw and holster, but it's off center enough that it could be an issue with my Big Dots.

SeanMTX
April 16, 2010, 12:00 PM
Yours is likely taking longer because you ordered horsehide, which is custom made for you.

I have 1 horsehide for my G27, and it was made especially for me (had my name on the back and everything.) Got to me in about 3-4 weeks.

I have 1 regular for my Dan Wesson CBOB and it came to me in about a week...no custom nada.

aliasneo07
April 16, 2010, 03:18 PM
Your name? Awesome lol.

Glad I'm not ordering it for a friend...they didn't ask what name to put on it.

jonboynumba1
April 16, 2010, 03:37 PM
I ordered mine like a month ago...cowhide XD...gonna call and see I thought it'd be here by now :(

PS- I take that back...just checked my e-mails...it's been 3 weeks....maybe next week will be my week!

usmarine0352_2005
April 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
Ironically I can see popular and less-popular holsters taking longer. Why?

Popular: Lots of people ordering them, supply and demand.

Less-Popular: Few people are ordering it, have to make one up.

And then horsehide takes more time because it is the same situation as less-popular.

Either way, well worth that wait, and once you have it, 3 weeks didn't seem like a long time anyway.

jonboynumba1
April 17, 2010, 09:56 AM
HOLY CRAP I LOVE this HOLSTER! And for the record...I got a roll of wild cherry lifesavers to!-LOL I've been wearing this thing for all of about ten minutes.....sitting standing leaning...haven't even adjusted more than where it rides front to rear placement on belt-wise...it's comfortable...it works....I can actually reholster well with it set just a tad above my pants beltline....I don't even need to adjust the cant angle....I noted it was for a 4" XD that would be carried on a BIG FAT guy...and I'd about swear he set it up for me! I can't wait to give this thing a few days! I told the wife when I ordered 70% chance I'll send it back anyway...IWB never works for big guys....but I just gotta try this thing....it looks like it ought to work! IT DOES!!! I'm KEEPING IT!! AWSOME! three weeks almost to the day! (quoted 3-4 weeks)

The highroad members have steered this big-boy right! (PS-Thanks BigFatDave!)

PS- been a few hours now around the shop...a few small adjustments made...deffinately a love connection here! The Crossbreed Super-Tuck is a winner! This is with a full-size XD 4" service to...with a smaller gun I think you'd forget you even had it on entirely! We'll see how it goes this week with it...but I don't think this will be the last order to Crossbreed from me!

bigfatdave
April 17, 2010, 07:25 PM
I told you!

aliasneo07
April 18, 2010, 09:40 PM
GRRRRR! You all are making me want mine even more! Even though I can't use it where I live (Maryland.) It'll only be for out of state CCW. But still..can't wait!

chg
April 19, 2010, 12:33 AM
Mine is horsehide and it came the same week I ordered it. Ordered on a Monday, was in the post office Saturday, totally unexpected it was so fast. Aliasneo07, you'll find the wait worthwhile. A very comfortable and secure holster. Let us know when you get it and what you think.

runningfast
April 19, 2010, 01:34 AM
Mine arrived in 20 days.

Be prepared to go up a size in the waist. Granted I'm carrying a thick weapon (P229), but unless your current size fits incredibly loosely, you'll need larger pants. My typical jeans fit comfortably (I can easily slip a finger in the waistband) but there was no hope of buttoning them.

Or lose a coupla pounds. :D

possum
May 23, 2010, 07:43 AM
my local gun shop has them in stock, that is where i picked mine up.

HoosierQ
May 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
I think I read on their website that horsehide is catch as catch can in terms of supply...lots of folks object to making leather out of horses and thus the stuff is hard to get. Kind of silly really...even a horse has got to go sometime. At any rate, I was sort of left with the impression that if I went with horsehide, it would be harder to predict a delivery time.

Matty K
May 24, 2010, 10:54 AM
a cowhide supertuck for a Glock 26 w/combat cut. Shipping estimate was 3-4 weeks, it arrived at four weeks to the day. Sounds like they are just a bit behind at the moment, nothing to worry about.

An outstanding product.

Madcap_Magician
May 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
My first one for an H&K P7 took 2 weeks. My second for an S&W M&P 9c took 3.

lukepriebe
May 24, 2010, 11:36 AM
Mine took 3-4 weeks but I had to order for a lefty.

wrs840
May 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
The one I just got a couple of weeks ago was in horsehide and it took just over four weeks.

Les

todd128
May 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
mine took 4 week and i like it

Joshua M.
June 13, 2010, 10:27 PM
I have ordered 3 of them, and the first 1 was 4 weeks to the day, my second should be here tomorrow, and my last should be here next Monday...Absolutly the MOST comfortable holster I have ever wore. And I am carrying a Ultra CDPII...so not that small of a pistol. As much as I hate waiting...it is worth the wait:D

LiquidTension
June 16, 2010, 04:59 PM
Mine took about two weeks. I really, really despise it. It is simply too big to be comfortable. I'm going to have to punch new holes and move the clips in, then trim the leather before I'll even consider using it again.

I took a chance on a cheaper, quicker holster and I paid the price. I'll be ordering either a VMII, a COM3, or maybe a Comp-Tac in the near future.

smhbbag1
June 16, 2010, 06:49 PM
^How many times have you worn it?

My experience:

1st day: Good grief, what a miserably uncomfortable holster.
2nd day: I don't know if I can finish the day with this thing on.
3rd day: Is it getting better or am I just used to suffering?
4th day: Hmmmm, this isn't bad at all.
5th day: Starting to like it.
6th day: I don't feel it - is it still on? *Checks hip*....Wow, it's still there. This thing is great.

The leather is STIFF when it arrives. I know some holsters might not work for everyone, but for the money spent, give it a week of good, full-time wear.

Gouranga
June 16, 2010, 07:18 PM
The leather is STIFF when it arrives. I know some holsters might not work for everyone, but for the money spent, give it a week of good, full-time wear.

Ding ding!! Absolutely agree. compared to what I had, mine was still much better day 1. I wore it every waking moment, took it driving, etc for 2 weeks straight, and by the end of that period, I barely know it is there. Considering I carry a M&P 40 FS, that is no minor feat.

speaksoftly
June 16, 2010, 09:56 PM
Just to throw a wrench into things, I considered the Crossbreed line pretty hard before deciding to go with my Comp-Tac Minotaur. It's pretty much the exact same holster with one major difference. Instead of buying an entire holster per gun, you can buy the different kydex bodies for different guns. They give you a "special tool" (just an allen wrench) to chenge them out with and it saves you some $$$.

bigfatdave
June 17, 2010, 09:04 AM
Instead of buying an entire holster per gun, you can buy the different kydex bodies for different guns. That was tempting, but for me, the more I thought about it the less I could see myself rebuilding my holster every time I swapped carry guns. Plus I would need to change cant and the leather backer might mold to one gun more than the other ... ... I don't know, I'll try one with two shells for free, do they make a shell for the CZ52?

Of course, now I own two SuperTucks, so perhaps the joke is on me?
(no, it is not, I like having two carry rigs ready to go)

Joshua M.
June 17, 2010, 03:09 PM
LiquidTension...Just send it back if you aren't happy with it, they will refund your money...I just got another one today for an Ultra Aegis Kimber. I cannot see how anybody can dislike these, unless they don't fit larger folks. I am 5'10 and 165 lbs, and this fits me perfect, I wear it all day everyday, and am very curious to see how the new one will work with my P238 Sig.:D

bigfatdave
June 18, 2010, 09:02 AM
unless they don't fit larger folksOh, they do fit the fatties just fine. Unless you are to the point where there isn't a waist any more, I suppose.

I've never asked straight-up ... any folks who disliked the CB design, did you send it back and get your refund?

aliasneo07, you ever get your blaster-packer?
How long was the wait in the end? I'm still pondering horsehide, I'll probably splurge on it if I get another pistol.

todd128
June 18, 2010, 09:39 AM
has anybody considered kholsters thay are just as good and are about half the price with free shipping right now on the 24th and 25th you can get one for 40.00

mjkten
June 20, 2010, 08:47 AM
I got mine yesterday, horsehide, for XD9 subcompact. Never wore a IWB holster before. It took a little manuvering to put on, but seemed pretty comfortable. Leather is a bit stiff, but I remember buying blue jeans that way too. I was able to walk around, sit down and watch tv with it on pretty comfortably. It took about 3 weeks to deliver, and I got the wild cherry lifesavers, too!

LiquidTension
June 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
I wore mine for about a month straight before I put it up. I'm 6' 200lbs, not exactly fat. Unfortunately I have to hang on to it until I get another one, as I don't have another holster for the G27 and sometimes the 642 just isn't enough.

possum
June 30, 2010, 06:04 PM
Instead of buying an entire holster per gun, you can buy the different kydex bodies for different guns.
this is a neat feature, however me personally i carry only one handgun that is a SA XD service model.

Curtai
July 11, 2010, 12:40 PM
I got a crossbreed super tuck a couple months ago, took almost a month but I can see that because I got it for my .40SW Taurus 24/7 OSS, its not a highly common model like your blocks and sigs and stuff... but its the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, and I had tried several holsters just not IWB most were OWB or a very uncomfortable shoulder holster... another cool thing is that I have my OSS and I have a 24/7 DS in 9mm and they both fit in it...

If you enjoyed reading about "Crossbreed Supertucks..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!