Savage Model 111

PDA

chains1240
April 7, 2010, 05:02 PM
I went to another gun store today and they had a Savage rifle in stock that I have never heard of. The tag said Savage 111 U. It was chambered in 30-06. Wooden stock with sharp checkering that went all the way under the forened. The foreend tip was black. Internal box magazine without the accutrigger. Thin rock hard recoil pad. It looked like a Savage Model 14 with a blind magazine. New rifle. Price was $410. Any info on this rifle would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Model 111" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uncle Mike
April 7, 2010, 09:05 PM
What you have found there is a Hunters Series, 'Ultra' model. 'Ultra High Luster' finish on the blued metal, almost mirror like in appearance. The hardwood stock also had a high luster finish. This model in no longer produced.

The $410 price is not all thaaaaat bad, BUT you should try to haggle some. Are you sure it is a NEW rifle?

chains1240
April 7, 2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think this place haggles. The gun looks absolutely brand new. They changed ownership a few years ago and lost the FFL, they started selling firearms again just in the last 6 months. It is new, but most likely it was sitting on the shelf unsold when the ownership changed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Model 111" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!