lancaster arms rough rider

PDA

paintballdude902
April 8, 2010, 02:04 AM
hey guys

ive recently decided that i want to add an EBR(evil black rifle) to my collection. right now out of 15 guns i only own 2 semi autos, a 10/22 and a browning take down .22.

ive got it down to 2 rifles. either a new mini-14 just because i like them, or a lancaster arms rough rider ak-74 clone.

anyone have one? ive heard some crappy things about lancasters CS but no problems with the rough riders so far.

If you enjoyed reading about "lancaster arms rough rider" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Davek1977
April 8, 2010, 02:20 AM
I don't have personal exeprience, but Lancaster is continually being dicussed at ar15.com because of their shoddy products and poor customer service. Until i hear beter things about the company, I'd be steering clear.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
April 8, 2010, 02:59 AM
Steer clear, I've got an AK from them, it works just fine. Buy from a secondary dealer/supplier. They screwed me around for 4 months and the only way I got my rifle was to threaten legal action. They still owe me 3 magazines, but its a lost cause dealing with those fools.

41magsnub
April 8, 2010, 11:25 AM
I have one of the Rough Riders and it is just fine. I've heard horror stories, but at least in my singular experience the fit and finish are fine and it functions perfectly.

Quoheleth
April 8, 2010, 11:33 AM
If you want an inexpensive AK, check www.classicarms.us. A guy at church bought one two weeks ago @ $389 and let me shoot it. It's seriously close to a one-hole shooter.

Q

paintballdude902
April 8, 2010, 06:14 PM
quoheleth not looking for a WASR. ive fired several and they aren't bad just want something a little nicer, and if i get the ak i want a 74 in 5.45

guess im gonna stay away from them then

chrisf8657
April 9, 2010, 03:04 AM
I dealt with Lancaster about a year ago - their Customer Service is HORRIBLE, and i mean HORRIBLE.

Avoid them at all costs.

If you enjoyed reading about "lancaster arms rough rider" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!