Mauser K98s in gun publications

PDA

Golden_006
April 9, 2010, 09:45 AM
Anyone see these advertised for $300 in the NRA Freedom publication and Shotgun news?

I think I might go for it. It seems like gunbroker listings are always 400 + for these

Anyone know if it's a good deal?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser K98s in gun publications" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Golden_006
April 9, 2010, 06:05 PM
No one knows

Jeremy2171
April 9, 2010, 06:33 PM
If it's mitchells mausers....stay away...you can get just a good for cheaper and not worry about anything they've humped up.

Zack
April 9, 2010, 07:06 PM
Stay away from mitchells. I heard nothing good

gandog56
April 9, 2010, 07:37 PM
SOG has plenty of K98's for less than 300.

lopezni
April 9, 2010, 08:45 PM
they are not K98 from Germany they are M24/47's from Serbia. Big difference.

Golden_006
April 9, 2010, 11:24 PM
Yup that's them. There's a pic of a serb with 2 hand guns in his belt too. Man you have to pluck down 400 then for German one. Shoot I'm starting to like my commie guns more and more. You can get a semi auto for that kind of money and an old bolt gun.

sig220mw
April 10, 2010, 12:28 AM
I don't understand all the bad talk about Mitchell's. My son got me one for Christmas 3 years ago and it was one of the Serbian model 48's and it is a beauty in like new condition with everything in place and matching numbers.

A fine shooter also and I'm about to scope it for my aging eyes.

Maybe they have put out some bad stuff but not so in my case. I've seen other mausers that didn't look nearly as good and had rusted bores etc.

It may have been overpriced at 299.00. I certainly won't argue that point but then again it was also unused sitting in storage for years and I've had a gunsmith tell me it looked new to him inside and out and was in fine condition for shooting handloads.

A 50 year old gun in like new condition at that price doesn't seem too high when I look at gun prices these days.

I agree it is not a German mauser since Serbs made it so it has no real WW2 historical significance but it is a beauty and a shooter and solid as a rock.

When he got it for me they sent paper work stating that it was indeed not German but Serbian and not made with slave labor.

jobu07
April 10, 2010, 12:44 AM
If you fancy a German Mauser J&G sales has them for $300. They are R/C's though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser K98s in gun publications" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!