New Rifle

PDA

backwoodzboy
April 9, 2010, 12:10 PM
I had seen a rifle in one of the local Walmarts and decided I would like to have a .308 hunting rifle.I wanted to stay with a .308 because I still have components to reload for it.
I went to the local gunshop, because I tend to buy stuff from them more because of quality and selection issues at WM. I initially was looking at a "package deal" Savage, but they had a MarlinXS7 bare bones package.
I looked it over, it was like buying a custom rifle almost. It had a savage like trigger, bolt, and barrell assembly. A Winchester like reciever, and bolt release. A Remington like bolt knob, and safety. It felt good to shoulder.
I bought the rifle and the rings there, and went to WM to get the sling and a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope to get started, later I might get another Nikon or go for one of those Redfields. I am looking forward to putting some rounds downrange, and see how it performs.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
April 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a good start. Have fun! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!