Anyone have ballistic coefficent data for Yugo M67 FMJ? Chrono data inside.

PDA

briansmithwins
April 9, 2010, 02:47 PM
I got some chronograph data this week for some Yugo M67. 10 rounds were fired out of each rifle with the chronograph 10' from the muzzle.

SLR107FR (16.3" barrel)
Average: 2253fps
SD: 12.5

AES-10B (RPKlone w/ 23.2" barrel)
Average: 2411fps
SD: 10.7

I'm wondering if anyone has a good value for ballistic coefficient for the Yugo M67?

I'm kinda expecting it to be alittle better than M43 as the lead core makes it more dense. OTOH, it's a flat base bullet vs the boattail M43. BSW

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have ballistic coefficent data for Yugo M67 FMJ? Chrono data inside." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Z-Michigan
April 9, 2010, 03:15 PM
I think it's about .3-.31 but I'm only guessing based on comparable size bullets from Sierra and Hornady.

Is it just me or are those SD's quite good?

briansmithwins
April 9, 2010, 03:32 PM
That could be the reason I got a 2MOA group out of the SKS last summer.

For right now I'm using a BC of .298 from Federal's .312 cal 124gr lead core FMJ as being close to the M67 slug.

BSW

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have ballistic coefficent data for Yugo M67 FMJ? Chrono data inside." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!