Model 70 Laredo Owners COME IN Please

PDA

tatasta
April 9, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hello!

I have a Model 70 Winchester Laredo in 300 Win Mag. It has the original HS stock and recoil pad.

I want to put a Limbsaver on it and was curious if anyone knows which model # of recoil pad fits it.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 Laredo Owners COME IN Please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
April 9, 2010, 09:42 PM
best bet is probably to get a large grind-to-fit pad, install it, and then sand down the pad until it fits. best to use a layer of masking tape to protect the stock and a belt sander, but a piece of sandpaper and some time will accomplish the same thing.

tatasta
April 10, 2010, 01:12 AM
I was afraid that grind to fit would be the best way. It will be easy enough to do. I have read that Limbsavers get soft and a bit sticky when ground down. I suppose it could be be frozen or done slowly to avoid excessive heat.

Thanks for the reply.

dakotasin
April 10, 2010, 10:08 AM
use a kick-eeze pad.

easier to work with, more recoil reduction, looks nicer.

but if you do go limbsaver, you are exactly right.

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 Laredo Owners COME IN Please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!