quality chamfer/ deburr tool?

PDA

BrokenWheel
April 10, 2010, 11:49 AM
I have the RCBS trim mate tool and I am using the original chamfer and deburr tools that came with it. Problem is that both the deburr and chamfer tool seems to be getting dull. Matter of fact, cartridges (.223s) are developing a "lip" of brass on the outside of them.

Any suggestions on chamfer/ deburr tools that would fit on the RCBS mate and are higher quality metal that would keep there edge for a longer period of time?

If you enjoyed reading about "quality chamfer/ deburr tool?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
April 10, 2010, 12:01 PM
My suggestion would be to call RCBS on Monday and explain your problem. You may be pleasantly surprised to find they'll take care of your problem for you.

Hope this helps.

Fred

G36Rick
April 10, 2010, 12:25 PM
I've always used the Lee tool.I have had it for over 15 years and never had a problem.Cheap,works well with the Auto zip. I would contact RCBS as well...they may toss you a new one.

HOWARD J
April 10, 2010, 04:29 PM
I use RCBS old burring tool--I have used two in about 40 years.
I sharpen them with a Dremel tool when they get dull.

Cabelas sells them--Item #XL-21-7361--- $12

Walkalong
April 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
My RCBS is still going strong. Like Fred posted, I bet if you call RCBS they will take care of you.

Innovative
April 10, 2010, 10:26 PM
RCBS is well known for backing up their products. If your cutter is dull you can bet they'll send you another one at no charge. However, take a close look at the angle of these chamfer reamers. The one on the right is a VLD reamer, and its shallow angle works much better than the one on the left.

http://www.larrywillis.com/vld.jpg

- Innovative

jhansman
April 12, 2010, 05:52 AM
I am partial to the Forster tool (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=364181). I use it in the Possum Hollow adapter for my cordless drill when I have more than a few cases to deburr and chamfer.

BrokenWheel
April 17, 2010, 01:16 AM
Just wanted to update everyone who suggested that I call RCBS. Unfortunately, all I got were busy signals. So I tried to email them and explain that my dies that came with my trim mate had become dull. Well a couple days later I received an email from them saying that they sent a replacement set out to me. No questions asked!

I thought that was pretty cool.

ReloaderFred
April 17, 2010, 01:32 AM
And that's why we suggested you contact them. They stand behind their products.

Fred

ArchAngelCD
April 18, 2010, 01:35 AM
IMO RCBS is one of, if not the best companies out there for customer service.

FROGO207
April 18, 2010, 09:39 AM
I just wish that other industries were as good to the customer as the reloading industry is as a whole.:D We are lucky for sure.

If you enjoyed reading about "quality chamfer/ deburr tool?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!