Would you buy this rifle?

PDA

ms6852
April 10, 2010, 05:23 PM
Saw this rifle at a pawn shop. Marlin Model 25m for $149. Don't really have a reason for a 22 mag other than I don't have it in this caliber. Have plenty of 22's and not really interested in .17 cals. Don't know anything about this rifle either. So if anyone here can shed some light would appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you buy this rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Leaky Waders
April 10, 2010, 06:39 PM
I used to have one that eventually was given to my brother in law. The rifle was very accurate, the trigger pull a little stiff.

IIRC I had to file a small section from the rear of the receiver to accomodate the scope with low mounts.

It was a very good rifle.

L.W.

C-grunt
April 10, 2010, 07:33 PM
I have a model 25 in .22lr and it is a great rifle. I would have no qualms with buying it if I were in the market for a magnum.

TexasPatriot.308
April 11, 2010, 09:52 PM
Yes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you buy this rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!