The FBI can now moniter your online activity

PDA

chaim
January 21, 2003, 04:01 PM
I know it is a serious issue and I'm sure this thread will get closed down but please click this link.

FBI is watching you (http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/index.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "The FBI can now moniter your online activity" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
January 21, 2003, 04:10 PM
The message is sad, but the eyes on the web page are funny.:scrutiny:

762x51
January 21, 2003, 04:10 PM
Allready posted and closed about a week ago. Somebody beat ya to it.

chaim
January 21, 2003, 04:24 PM
Allready posted and closed about a week ago. Somebody beat ya to it. Drat. I guess I gotta get more on the ball, how could I have possibly missed a thread here on THR. Seriously, I found it on another forum and this one is so thorough so I should have figured that someone beat me to it. Oh well, I guess one more go then.

yesterdaysyouth
January 21, 2003, 06:07 PM
it's a matter of right clicking and when that menu opens the eyes stay on the menu.... and my pointer is free to roam...

uh-oh better spend another billon dollars to fix this :rolleyes:

rick458
January 21, 2003, 08:40 PM
they alway could, the NSA contracts with the Canadians(the Canadian connection is there because it is illeagle to SPY on ones own countrymen in America) they use a program called CARNIVORE, if I remember correctly, it looks for KEYWORDS and phrases in transmitted data, Ie Cell phone traffic, and internet traffic, etc... which is why abdicating big rash moves via the phone or internet can get you a very unpleasent interview
or so I have heard, and read.:what:

Prodigalshooter
January 21, 2003, 09:30 PM
Of course it must be true. I'm sure that there are 3000 FBI techs sitting in darkened cubicles surrounded by empty cans of Jolt and bags of Cheetos, watching for the bad words.:rolleyes:
Of course I know that Carnivore is an actual program, but think about the vastness of the internet; I'm not gonna lose sleep over it!
Besides, the FBI is there to protect me, right?;)

Gordon
January 21, 2003, 09:35 PM
What bad words? I want to say them then insult the heritage of the scum sucking slime that monitors American Citizens at their expense.:cuss:

BerettaNut92
January 21, 2003, 09:42 PM
Maybe I should post my resume.

Pilgrim
January 21, 2003, 09:44 PM
Of course it must be true. I'm sure that there are 3000 FBI techs sitting in darkened cubicles surrounded by empty cans of Jolt and bags of Cheetos, watching for the bad words.

Makes me think of the joke where the guy goes to see his doctor for an annual physical and the doctor is stunned to find that the guy's wee-wee is orange. The doctor thinks he has discovered some rare malady that will make him a known name in the medical journals.

After several tests which reveal nothing the guy finally admits his favorite past time is eating Cheetos and watching X-rated movies.

The thought of FBI agents eating Cheetos and panting over e-mail monitors makes me giggle.

Bruce

hansolo
January 21, 2003, 09:51 PM
:neener:

Funny.....yet, pathetic:confused:

larryw
January 21, 2003, 09:59 PM
So, let me see if I understand this. The FBI, which operates within our borders, has a facility in Canada to monitor Internet traffic that, because of the way routers work, the vast majority of which wouldn't even make it there?

The FBI is digesting the terabytes of data that traverse the net every hour looking for naughty words, analyzing the context in real time, and, through some sort of reverse address mapping black-hat magic, associating that back to an individual?

Simultaneously, they're listening to the millions upon millions of inane telephone conversations listening for naughty words, analyzing the context and cross referencing that with the naughty words used on the internet?

All in real time?

And you believe this because, wait for it, someone wanted to create a funny use for common public domain java toy?

Somebody watches WAY too much TV and pays WAY too much attention to the morons who call themselves reporters. These guys can't even get the simple facts on gun issues correct. What makes you think they're even close when it comes to InfoSec, one of the most complex technical challenges out there? :rolleyes:

Justin
January 21, 2003, 11:35 PM
Sounds to me like someone has mixed up their top-secret-gov't programs-with-vaguely-threatening-sounding-names.

Carnivore is the FBI program installed at your ISP for monitoring internet traffic.

Echelon is the uber-secret international program in which allied nations spy on each other using super-sophistcated gear that sniffs out keywords in not only internet transactions, but also every phone call, fax, and transmission made, and then analyzes it, handing off stuff that's flagged to the aforementioned analysts with Jolt and Cheetos.

:rolleyes:

No, I don't believe in Echelon, or the tooth fairy, either.

rick458
January 22, 2003, 02:21 AM
Justin is right on the names

10-Ring
January 22, 2003, 11:04 AM
:what: I'd find it funny if it didn't have that hint of truth laced through it :what:

Betty
January 22, 2003, 11:19 AM
Yep, it's been posted before - I'm starting to keep a tally of how many times I get to close it. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "The FBI can now moniter your online activity" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!