30-06

PDA

sprice
April 11, 2010, 03:18 AM
Where is the cheapest place to get 30-06 ammo? I'll be shooting it through a garand :) Do I need to do anything to the rifle so I can shoot todays regular '06 ammo through it?

If you enjoyed reading about "30-06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Birddog1911
April 11, 2010, 08:09 AM
Try this link:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=30-06+ammo

I can't say if it is cheaper for you to order it, or go to Walmart. And absolutely, YES, you must install a Schuester gas plug unless you like to replace expensive operating rods.

Garands cannot take the full pressure developed from modern hunting loads. Both Federal and Hornady now produce Garand specific loads that have gotten good reviews, and the ammo stays below the velocity and pressure curves that hurt our rifles.

Orlando
April 11, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cheapest place is CMP

sprice
April 11, 2010, 08:12 PM
any more?

BsChoy
April 11, 2010, 09:11 PM
CMP...it's MADE for the M1 and comes in or out of En blocs already

Maverick223
April 11, 2010, 09:12 PM
If you want to use it without reloading, get the adjustable gas plug (like a Schuester). Then you can run whatever you can get, without relying upon CMP (which has spotty availability). It will allow you to use CMP ammo when available whilst permitting you to use standard sporting ammunition (though I wouldn't use a Garand for hunting some do). ...but, the best option is probably to just start loading for it (to M1 Garand specs.).

:)

bobelk99
April 11, 2010, 09:37 PM
Suggest:
1.Custom reload
2. CMP ammo
3. Return to 1.

Nugilum
April 11, 2010, 11:51 PM
CMP Ammo (link) (http://www.thecmp.org/ammosales.htm)

I've got a couple thousand rounds and haven't seen the "degraded" ammo the picture shows. I think it's just to scare people off. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "30-06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!