Need FMJ HP info on wolf ammo

PDA

Zack
April 11, 2010, 03:20 PM
I bought some wolf HP ammo, I am little mad that I did not wait and get FMJ what I always buy. Does anyone have a picture with a fmj and hp round split open? I am kinda mad its "cheaper" of a bullet than a fmj for about the same price... What does the HP do better than the FMJ?? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Need FMJ HP info on wolf ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zack
April 11, 2010, 09:28 PM
bump

wally
April 11, 2010, 11:08 PM
I shoot a lot of the Wolf JHP and FMJ depending on what's cheapest at the time. Don't see a significant difference between them beyond the JHP exploding water filled bottles better and also being a bit easier on my steel plates.

--wally.

Caliper_RWVA
April 11, 2010, 11:13 PM
What does the HP do better than the FMJ?? :confused:

Expand on entry, creating a larger wound channel. Although, I am not sure how the small HP on rifle bullets like this really compares to a bonded JHP pistol round with its much larger cavity.

BamAlmighty
April 11, 2010, 11:28 PM
if you're going for accuracy you shouldn't be using wolf in the first place, if you're plinking either one works fine.

Carter
April 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
fmj = more penetration
hollow point = flattenting of bullet or what not
soft point (my favorite) = massive damage due to the round tumbling after impact.

rangerruck
April 12, 2010, 12:10 AM
typically , the hollows seem to be a tad more accurate than a fmj; otherwise I agree with everything said above thus far...

If you enjoyed reading about "Need FMJ HP info on wolf ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!