Could get a new new DPMS TiN coated for $100. is it truly drop in?

PDA

Kingofthehill
April 11, 2010, 05:10 PM
Question is in the title. A friend was building a higher end AR but ran into some money problems and is parting it out.

He has a brand new DPMS Titanium Nitride Coated BCG new in package that he will sell for $100.

The AR it would go in is a Bushmaster.

Is this a drop in type upgrade or will i have to worry about head spacing or anything like that?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Could get a new new DPMS TiN coated for $100. is it truly drop in?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
highorder
April 11, 2010, 05:27 PM
Drops right in.

Enjoy.

Maverick223
April 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
AR headspacing is exclusive of the bolt, if the barrel is torqued correctly now, it will work with the new one...any new one...or old one. Just drop her in.

:)

chuckles
April 11, 2010, 07:05 PM
Drops right in, just be sure the carrier gas key is properly torqued and staked.
$100 sounds OK. I would probably buy one. You can buy a BCM for about that much too.

jem375
April 11, 2010, 08:00 PM
Drops right in, just be sure the carrier gas key is properly torqued and staked.
$100 sounds OK. I would probably buy one. You can buy a BCM for about that much too.
titanium? doubt it, their IONBOND coated is $199

If you enjoyed reading about "Could get a new new DPMS TiN coated for $100. is it truly drop in?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!