I thought I was over revolvers

PDA

CZ223
April 12, 2010, 06:14 AM
It appears that I am not. I picked up a 6" 686-3 this weekend and I put a 637-2 Airweight on layaway. A lot of reason for the purchases was that they were $300 each.:) The 686 is in very good shape but the airweight is like new. I just sold a model 36 so I have no idea why I bought this gun but I just did and now I can't wait to get it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I thought I was over revolvers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Guillermo
April 12, 2010, 01:54 PM
good buys

welcome back from the dark side (bottom-feeding brass-chuckers)

ScratchnDent
April 12, 2010, 03:11 PM
I couldn't turn those down, at those prices, either!

Guillermo
April 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
nor should you have

TexasBill
April 12, 2010, 05:02 PM
Now all you have to do is get rid of the Glock!

ArmedBear
April 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
I picked up a nice 4" 686 (I forget the dash number, but it's c. 1994) for $350 and I thought I stole it. Where'd you get these deals?

I have autos; I even use one in competition. But revolvers are the real handguns. They just feel right in every way.

ljnowell
April 12, 2010, 05:36 PM
Now all you have to do is get rid of the Glock!

Yep no sense in owning a quality reliable pistol.

CZ223
April 12, 2010, 06:26 PM
or the 4 1911's, or the two LCP's, but I am very happy with my two new wheel guns.:evil: I also paid of my my new Bushmaster this weekend so I am not over bottom feeding shell-shuckers either. Honestly, I was really wanting a Rock Island compact tactical when I found the little smith, oh well.:rolleyes:

Guillermo
April 12, 2010, 06:34 PM
no sense in owning a quality reliable pistolor a Glock

TexasBill
April 12, 2010, 07:16 PM
+1 Guillermo

Publius1688
April 12, 2010, 08:34 PM
There will always be a place for a quality Smith & Wesson wheelgun in the safe, or on your hip.
Great buys!

frankiestoys
April 12, 2010, 09:07 PM
Im a revolver guy love my wheelguns, but have a few auto's too P85, p95, RIA Compact, but just can't see myself buying a Glock . Sounds like you got a great deal on that 686 can we see a pic ?

Guillermo
April 12, 2010, 09:38 PM
BTW

Glocks are fine weapons

I had a 19 and it was flawless

notbubba
April 13, 2010, 03:38 AM
The wheel(gun) has turned and brought you back around.:D

CZ223
April 13, 2010, 08:12 AM
I knew I never really gave up on revolvers but my interests keep changing. At one time I had 10 pair, that's a total of 20, Ruger vaqueros. I now only have a couple pair. I have owned more 686's and 629's than I can count. I recently realized that, other than a Marlin lever action, I had no guns left in 357 or, 38. I also realized about the same time that I have several thousand jacketed bullets for those calibers, as well as a lot of lead and cases too. I figured I would eventually get another gun or two, so I hung on to that stuff. About 3 months ago the deal came up on the 686 and I put it on hold. I was paying on another gun at the same time, so it took till now to get it off lay-away. I was looking for another gun to start paying on, it's kind of my gun savings plan,:) when the 637 came out of the safe. It was on hold for another couple, but they changed their minds. It is absolutely like new. I grabbed it and handed her another $150 and stuck it back in the safe. I hope to pick it up this weekend.

As to you Glock haters, just keep on hating them.:evil: I love em' cause they work for me. If I've got to go to gunfight armed with just a pistol, I am taking my Glock, maybe two, and as many mags as I can carry. I am closer to 50 than I am to 40. I have put thousands and thousands of rounds through revolvers and while I will concede that they are usually "six for sure", I have had several tie up on me. The other thing that is true is that they are only six, for sure. My Glocks are just flat out reliable and I have 14 rounds of 40 S&W at my disposal without reloading. So, I don't care if you don't like Glocks, that's fine, but do you always have to scream it from the rooftops.:confused:

dogngun
April 13, 2010, 04:44 PM
the stuff I had for my revolvers, and a few months later found a cheap (refinished) Highway Patrolman 4", one of my all time favorite handguns. It was well under $400, so I bought it. It is my 3rd one, and I will be keeping htis one - I thought I'd never find another one that I coulg afford. Very tight, and carried a lot-and refinished-but works like new. I will have to get very very old to wear this one out.
May just put my 1911's in a drawer for a year or so....

mark

W.E.G.
April 13, 2010, 05:01 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Koolaidblackhawk2.jpg

Guillermo
April 13, 2010, 08:22 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/BillLoeb/avatar/kool_aidGlock.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "I thought I was over revolvers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!