dpms mag source

PDA

dakotasin
April 12, 2010, 09:14 AM
does anybody know where i can find dpms ar-10 pmags (for a remington r-25)? not sure where to check and the only place i can think of (midway) is out of stock (surprising, i know... they have little actually in stock, it seems).

If you enjoyed reading about "dpms mag source" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EdLaver
April 12, 2010, 10:50 AM
Google is your friend...

Z-Michigan
April 12, 2010, 11:20 AM
Check out AIM Surplus and 44mag.com

My experience is that the C-Products DPMS .308 mags actually work quite well and are noticeably better than the OEM DPMS mags. (This is opposite of how most C-Products mags work.) I have also tried the Magpul .308 Pmags and they are fine, but I am not as impressed with them as their .223 Pmag. .308 Pmags seem to be $19 everywhere. The CP .308 mags are $18-20 most places but I know I saw them for $15 somewhere - can't remember where.

wally
April 12, 2010, 03:33 PM
My experience is that the C-Products DPMS .308 mags actually work quite well and are noticeably better than the OEM DPMS mags

Didn't match my experience, the C-Products .308 mags interfered with the bolt carrier and weren't usable at all until I opened the gap with a small file. PITA, get the OEM DPMS mags or the P-Mags.

--wally.

dakotasin
April 12, 2010, 03:36 PM
Google is your friend...

thank you for that valuable contribution. so you endorse every single mag site that pops up on google? you have mags from these sites? and these mags work and the sellers are reputable?

wally and z... thank you for the input. much appreciated!

Z-Michigan
April 12, 2010, 03:48 PM
Didn't match my experience, the C-Products .308 mags interfered with the bolt carrier and weren't usable at all until I opened the gap with a small file. PITA, get the OEM DPMS mags or the P-Mags.

Interesting - I guess it just shows how erratic their QC is. My CP .308 mags are great, and I consider the OEM DPMS mags barely above junk. And if you search my username you'll see I have been no fan of CP .223 mags.

So, if OP buys CP .308 mags, be sure you can return any that don't work! The Pmags are fine, I just thought they felt a bit flexible/flimsy compared to both .223 Pmags and steel .308 mags.

EdLaver
April 12, 2010, 04:53 PM
thank you for that valuable contribution. so you endorse every single mag site that pops up on google? you have mags from these sites? and these mags work and the sellers are reputable?

If you use Google and enter what you are looking for using the right keywords ie "Magpul .308 PMAG in stock, for sale" it will generate lots of results, after that it is up to you on where you purchase. I pick websites that look reputable and have reviews posted, and no, actually I have never had an issue with any sites I have pulled up from Google for orders. One of my favorites now days is westernsportonline.com which I found via Google.

Like I said...Google is your friend. ;)

dakotasin
April 13, 2010, 12:17 AM
you could've just started and stopped w/ westernsport and your endorsement and that would've been good enough.

since you are the google patrol, however, i should point out to you that there are any of a dozen threads in the rifle section alone right now that could probably be answered w/ the famed 'google is your friend' line, and even one or two on ar mags alone.

that said, thanks for the westernsport name - never heard of them until now.

If you enjoyed reading about "dpms mag source" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!