Stainless short rifles? Looking for food for thought.

PDA

Tallbald
April 12, 2010, 09:48 AM
Saw a picture of a handsome Grayhawk short percussion stainless rifle on the net. handsome, but I prefer a true wood stock. I'm not interested in "inline" ignition but prefer percussion. Are there any widely distributed short rifles out there with stainless barrels and locks I could look for at this weekend's gun show up the road (Cave City, KY)? Thanks, Don.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stainless short rifles? Looking for food for thought." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arcticap
April 13, 2010, 05:28 AM
TC made a version of their Hawken with a stainless lock and trigger guard. It was named the Cougar and it was a limited run.
Some photos of it can be seen in post #7 below:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315156

trog
April 13, 2010, 10:45 AM
I have A greyhawk. Great rifle but I am not impressed with syn. stock. Any one know of any options for a replacement stock? Real wood or laminate.

arcticap
April 13, 2010, 01:04 PM
It looks similar enough to the TC New Englander that their stocks may be interchangable.
Used New Englander stocks are often listed for sale on eBay.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stainless short rifles? Looking for food for thought." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!