Ruger Old Army percussion caps

PDA

351 WINCHESTER
April 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can get no 10 remington caps for my ROA? Will no 11 caps work alright?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Old Army percussion caps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ClemBert
April 13, 2010, 04:12 PM
Both the number 10 and number 11 Remington caps work fine on my ROA factory nipples. The number 10s are slightly longer than the 11s from my sampling and the inner diameter is very close to being the same. I use the 10s and 11s interchangeably...but only in Remington flavor. I avoid CCI/Winchester caps since I had a problem with the Winchester Magnum number 11s on my ROA factory nipples. I've read at least one instance of someone else complaining about the same problem with the CCI/Winchester Magnum number 11s on a ROA.

AbitNutz
April 13, 2010, 06:32 PM
I agree. CCI/Winchester #10's don't fit well at all. I even switched to Treso nipples and they still fit poorly. Remington #11's work well but RWS 1075's work best. However, they're difficult to find and expensive when you do.
Remington's are short enough that #11's will now and then turn sideways in my Ted Cash snail capper.

The Lone Haranguer
April 13, 2010, 06:36 PM
When I had mine, I could not put #10s onto the nipples with just my fingers. It took two cylinder revolutions before the hammer pounded them on far enough to finally set them off. Switching to #11s solved the problem.

goon
April 14, 2010, 01:04 AM
No 10's fit the nipples of my Uberti Remington Army but they're getting tighter now that the nipples are getting a little peened from firing.

arcticap
April 14, 2010, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know where I can get no 10 remington caps for my ROA?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=6394933&postcount=3

MCgunner
April 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
I've never used anything, but number 11s and the ones I've made with my tap-o-cap.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Old Army percussion caps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!