Got it today. Hopefully a range report tomorrow.

PDA

Pulp
April 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BlackPowderPulp/HPIM1627.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Got it today. Hopefully a range report tomorrow." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Loyalist Dave
April 13, 2010, 11:33 PM
Are you shooting black powder cartridges through her? What brand and what load?

LD

Pulp
April 13, 2010, 11:51 PM
The first 20 or so rounds will be smokeless, while I treat the barrel with SweetShooter. From then on, nothing but BP. I load my own, so I can't comment on brand, but I usually load a Lee 2.2cc dipper of Goex FFg, or my homemade BP.
If you're looking for a good BP storebought, check out Blackdawg. I'm not sure if they're still available, but maybe TenX bought the rights to them. Someone here will know.

JCT
April 14, 2010, 01:12 AM
Nice Henry....I load the same way...lee dipper into my homemade BP, but I don't worry about the dipper size, weight....I just fill the case up and seat a bullet....I get consistent results and tight groups.
With the BP I always need to keep a can of Rem oil handy when shooting, but these rounds sure make a nice boom and smoke cloud too!

messerist
April 14, 2010, 07:29 AM
Gaaack! No drool bucket alert posted...Clean-up on aisle 4! Nice Rifle:D Expectations are high that range pics will be forthcoming.

Calibre44
April 14, 2010, 07:53 AM
Beautiful ... love the contrast of colours from the barrel to the stock - enjoy!

Texas Moon
April 14, 2010, 01:00 PM
:eek: NICE!

Must have After Action Report or we all come to your house and whoop ya! :D

Pulp
April 15, 2010, 01:05 AM
Well, I crashed and burned on my trip to the range. First round loaded fine, fired fine, hit where I was aiming. I applied SweetShooter to the barrel, next round stuck about 1/2 way into the chamber. I finally got it out, fired another, applied more SS. Next round stuck and I couldn't get it out. If y'all are not familiar with the Uberti screwdriver operators, well, let's just say they could part time as gorilla wrestlers, and probably win most matches. I was afraid I'd strip out the screws, so I went back Paul's Pawn Shop to have him help me take it apart. Using a proper sized bit with a wrench over the hex head, him turning and me tapping with a brass hammer, we finally got it apart and got the cartridge out.
Apparently my re-sizing die had gotten out of adjustment and wasn't pushing the shoulder (.44-40) back enough on the 25 smokeless rounds I loaded. All my previously loaded BP rounds seem to cycle just fine.

Good news, the two shots I did fire were nearly touching on the target. Bad news, it'll be Tuesday before I can get back to the range.

Bluehawk
April 15, 2010, 10:52 PM
Shame on you!
Question: What's one of the primary rules of reloading??
Answer: Load a dummy round and make sure it fits and functions before loading live rounds!!!!!!
See how breaking the rules ruined yer whole day?
I do feel badly for you...I know how it feels to get to the range and things don't work out the way ya planned them!
I personally never make these mistakes! ::lieing through his teeth::

If you enjoyed reading about "Got it today. Hopefully a range report tomorrow." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!