Big Irons swindle stuff

PDA

AbitNutz
April 14, 2010, 04:27 PM
So this is really Interesting. I've had the hots for a Classicballistx Cylinder for my ROA. No way to get one...I've been hoping that Wisent was going to make some more but that hasn't happened yet.

So I tripped across http://www.advancedballisticsindustries.com/

I called and left a message. The call was returned and and a guy named Ymir said he had the Cylinders. I said fine....I'll come up and get one. I live about 90 minutes from Newark, Ohio. So, no cylinder no money....I can't get swindled but this has to be the same guy. BigIrons, Jule.

He claims his cylinders are Carpenter 465 which is the best steel on earth. Maybe I'm walking into stupidity. Didn't he do time, con people, you know...all of it? I guess all I can loose is a couple hours off my weekend.

If you enjoyed reading about "Big Irons swindle stuff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MCgunner
April 14, 2010, 04:57 PM
What I was told. Apparently he posted as "manyirons" who claimed to work for a German gunsmith. Was stealing guns and selling 'em on gun broker was what I was told. I almost sent him my ROA for work. DAMN I'd have been POed if I'd lost that gun. I'd been riding to Ohio for vengeance. If I ever saw the guy face to face, I'd probably be headed to the pen for what I'd do to a guy like that. I sure the heck wouldn't give him money. :rolleyes:

Bluehawk
April 14, 2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.advancedballisticsindustries.com/

that link isn't working for some reason!!!

arcticap
April 14, 2010, 06:54 PM
The link worked for me and the products being offered and their descriptions are totally laughable.
Wasting 90 miles of gas and the time to deal with any "Ymir" from that web site would be a huge mistake.
Thanks for bringing to everyone's attention such a prime example of what a con artist's website really looks like. :cool:

Bluehawk
April 14, 2010, 07:00 PM
This is what I get when I click on it:

"This program cannot read this webpage format" :banghead:

AbitNutz
April 14, 2010, 07:35 PM
copy and paste the URL in to the browser instead of clicking on it.

Also, after doing a fair amount of research...about 20 minutes...Articap is right. I don't think I'll be going up to visit. Whatever he has to sell either doesn't exist, is stolen or just junk. After reading through the huge thread on this I don't want to be anywhere near Ymir-Jule Tyrvaldsen or whatever is real name is.

But everyone be warned....HE'S BACK!!!!

higene
April 14, 2010, 08:26 PM
Clements Custom Guns will do ROA work including building a cylinder or deepening a current one to hold more powder.

The work that he does is Art. Look at his sight and decide how bad you need that modification.

http://www.clementscustomguns.com/

Higene

:scrutiny:

PS: His price for deepening cylinders is very reasonable. His prices for custom gun work match the quality of the workmanship.

ClemBert
April 14, 2010, 09:33 PM
I find it a bit suspicious that there aren't any pictures posted of these engineering marvels! How difficult is it to post pics of your product when you already went to the trouble of designing a website?

We have three versions, 1. A backplate design that requires removal from the gun to reload. 2. A LOADING-GATE design that loads just like a regular single-action revolver. And, 3. A positive-fire cylinder that loads from the front just like a regular Cap&Ball cylinder, but LOADS A SHORT PRIMED CASE FOR IGNITION AND GAS SEAL and loads those cases via a loading-gate. Further, YOU CAN USE ANY POWDER, YES, WE MEAN SMOKELESS TOO with the Number 3!

arcticap
April 14, 2010, 09:41 PM
He's not only a con artist, but he's also a con-vict for having been such a bad one! :scrutiny:

AbitNutz
April 14, 2010, 09:55 PM
All I want is a freakin' extra cylinder or three, that has more powder capacity and no idiot warning labels rolled into them.

Why would anyone conn such an obscure product? I guess if you cheat too many people you may draw too much attention.

Has anyone got a Classicbalistx cylinder? Just curious...

ClemBert
April 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
Wow....just wow! (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=250890)

PTK
April 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
THAT'S HIM! Went by Ymir, went by Jule, went by "Thom"/"manyirons", went by Arthur, etc.

AVOID. He cannot do machining to save his life, he's a crook, a thief, and will steal your money.

Real name is Arthur Rex Rochelle. He is a felon.

pohill
April 15, 2010, 05:35 PM
Do you think that Advanced Ballistics Industries is associated with Classicballistx?

Marlin 45 carbine
April 15, 2010, 05:50 PM
thanks for posting. I've heard the Clement's does good work, avoid 'Ymir'.

robhof
April 15, 2010, 07:53 PM
I've got 2 Classicballistix cylinders that I got a few years ago and they're fine. They didn't require any fitting, although the paperwork that came with them stated that some fitting may be required, they hold about 5gr more powder than the Ruger cylinder.

mykeal
April 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
Classicballistix/Clements has no relationship with Advanced Ballistics Industries or Ymir/Jules/BigIron/Manyirons.

PTK
April 16, 2010, 12:50 AM
That's correct. We hashed that out a while back, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Big Irons swindle stuff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!