Input please

PDA

Barksdale123
April 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
I have a compact XD in 9MM. I find it a little big for CC. Maybe I'm more se I was thinking of trading it for a Walther PPS 9MM, maybe come up with $ 250.00 or so difference (my guess) The XD is in good shape maybe 600 rounds through it.
The Walther is a single stack and from what I can see is a really nice quality gun. I think this would be very easy for CC. Also thinking about a KT P 11 or PF 9. also might be easier carry. Might be able to swing one of the KTs and keep the XD:). Any ideas. I don't carry to and from work, forbidden, HR has policies against it and I really need my job.

If you enjoyed reading about "Input please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
danprkr
April 15, 2010, 11:09 PM
I have a buddy that swears by his Kahr. I forget which model he has, but it's a small single stack 9mm, and he loves it. Carries every day I believe.

c919
April 15, 2010, 11:48 PM
Snatch up the PPS and you'll never look back. I carry one daily and love it. It is virtually invisible on me and I'm 6'1 @ 160lbs so that's not exactly an easy feat. It is a small 9mm that is absolutely fun to shoot. I could put 500 rounds through it in a single range trip and my palm and I would still be on good terms. Also, mine has been 100% reliable and I've put close to 2000 rounds through it.

I think the PPS is one of the most underrated carry guns out there.

Jed Carter
April 16, 2010, 05:57 AM
Now days all the pistol makers are "double stack crazy" too many compact pistols have a huge magwell. The CZ PCR would be the perfect ccw if it came in a "single stack". As it is the CZ PCR is "nearly" the perfect carry pistol.

MikePaiN
April 16, 2010, 06:58 AM
Barks...the PPS is a fine carry piece, but if you're looking for a slim 9mm you owe it to your self to check out the Kahr's. The CW9(which I carry) is a rock of reliability, super comfortable, packs 7+1 9mm(or 8 with the extended mag)single stack and will cost you $150-200 less than the PPS. (night sights are also available for it now)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC02334.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC02346.jpg

The Lone Haranguer
April 16, 2010, 08:35 PM
Kahr P9, CW9, or (if you don't mind a little extra weight) K9. These are much slimmer than the rather "chunky" XD, Glock 26 and other double-stack compact pistols. You will of course have to give up a few rounds, but eight topped up is reasonable. A larger but still slim and light handgun is the S&W 3913.

Ala Dan
April 16, 2010, 08:45 PM
Another ++ for the Kahr CW-9~! I own one, and its been flawless
from day one; so much so that I trust my life too it on occassions~! ;) :D

m2steven
April 16, 2010, 08:58 PM
I have a Taurus 709 and it's approx. the same size as the Walther. It's very easy to carry, and if you get your pants with bigger pockets, you can carry in your front pocket.

The 709 and PPS are big enough to shoot reliably, but small enough to be very comfortable in an IWB holster or loose pocket.

I have a Kahr PM9 and it's a great carry piece though it was a bit more expensive than the CW9. I have an E9 and it's a terrific pistol. It's discontinued and if you can find one it will probably be marked down a bit. Mine was about as cheap as the CW9 (which according to Kahr replaced the E9).

Kahrs have magic triggers you have to feel to appreciate.

Jed Carter
April 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
Aside from the CZ PCR, if money is not as important as reliability, concealability and accuracy go for the SIG P239. You can have it in 9mm, 8+1, .357SIG 7+1 or .40S&W 7+1. May not be the smallest or lightest but it is one of the best. You can also shoot both the .40 and .357 out of the same pistol by just changing the barrel and magazine. Actually the .357SIG will function out of the .40S&W magazine, but not the other way around in the P239. The P239 was my first SIG, I now own 5. As for your choices I would get the Walther rather than one of the Keltecs, there is a reason some firearms cost more than others. I am considering the PPS in .40S&W myself, the Kahr and Keltec not so much.

bdb benzino
April 16, 2010, 10:15 PM
Another fan of the Kahr CW9, Love mine. Very comfortable to carry, I have even fell asleep on the couch with it still IWB. Very accurate and has never had a malfunction.

Barksdale123
April 18, 2010, 05:14 PM
Almost had it figured out. Then my son walks in with his STI in .45 cal, and tells me they come in 9MM. This could mean some nights on the couch, then again I would not have to use the AC much since things will be plenty cool around here, or not eat lunch and save lunch money for 20 weeks. If I did that then I might be able to carry it with an IWB holster since after missing that many lunches, there would be room inside my waist band.

Barksdale123
June 9, 2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks to all for their input. I picked up a S & W 908. I hope this fits my need. I have only heard two comments about the gun: Love it and wish I still had it.

bdb benzino
June 9, 2010, 09:03 PM
Congrats,

I had a 908 and it was and is still a super reliable pistol, I sold it to a buddy and he loves it. You did good!

If you enjoyed reading about "Input please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!