(CA) Roadtrip of Tacticality: Informal Sacramento Gathering 11/28/03

PDA

Skunkabilly
November 26, 2003, 03:44 PM
My team and I will be heading up to the Sacramento area for a tactical turkey ingestion operation on Thursday evening.

Friday will consist of a debrief beginning with dim-sum (MSG-phobes need not apply) and an indoor range gathering scheduled tentatively at The Gun Room. Not sure what's happening afterwards, but there is a possibility of maybe visiting some gun stores and Japanese food for dinner.

So far, looks like me, Duke of Lawnchair, DrJones (hopefully) and 45R. Y'all're invited.

Possibility of boba (tapioca balls in iced Taiwanese milk tea, but I hear the literal translation is a little crude), chicken feet, duck's heart and shark's fin during the lunch hour, so you may just want to meet us at the range if you're skeeered of real Chinese food :D (monosodium glutimate decreases muzzle rise and group sizes and increases accuracy and draw speed)

If you enjoyed reading about "(CA) Roadtrip of Tacticality: Informal Sacramento Gathering 11/28/03" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45R
November 26, 2003, 04:33 PM
I'll see you there if there.

Turkey, Dim Sum and Shooting. Sounds like a winner!!! Since Skunk is in transit and the details are not super squared out send me a PM with phone number so I can reach you guys.

Have a Great Turkey Day

45R

WWW.THEGUNROOM.ORG

Carnitas
November 26, 2003, 04:41 PM
Of course you're shooting the three-gun match at Ione the following day correct?

Duke of Lawnchair
November 27, 2003, 01:22 AM
I gotz to polish all mah ICE and bling bling to make a mad ILL impression, yo.

peace outside

45R
November 28, 2003, 01:02 AM
Looks like Sactown might be coming also. Dr. Jones is pending.

Skunkabilly
November 28, 2003, 03:59 AM
Well...made it to Sacramento by way of raft. Insert a caption!! :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=631124

Jim March
November 28, 2003, 04:01 AM
Where? Count me in...:)

What is it with Chinese cooking and inaccurate addition, anyways?

9mmepiphany
November 28, 2003, 04:22 AM
45R-
where and when...call me

natedog
November 28, 2003, 01:06 PM
How'd you finally get your hands on an AR-15?

45R
November 28, 2003, 01:09 PM
Lunch is off South LandPark Dr. and Florin Road. There is a Chinese Place right behind Bel Aire about 500 meters past a Liquor Store on the right hand side. I cant remember the place so we are meeting in a parklot across the street.

Take I5 North. Exit East bound on Florin Rd. First stoplight will be S.Land Park Dr. Make a Right on S. Land Park Dr. and Right into the first drive way. Thats going to be out Check Piont A.

From there we will travel across to the street of some unnamed Dim Sum joint. Eat be mary.

Check point C will be the Gun Room. www.thegunroom.org around 12:30 to 13:30ish

45R
November 28, 2003, 01:11 PM
How'd you finally get your hands on an AR-15?

Notice the hand is covering the magwell. Its really a FAB10 :D :scrutiny: :D

Sven
November 28, 2003, 03:06 PM
Wish I'd had a bit more time to plan for this - was up in Sac two days ago, would have delayed my visit and visited.... shucks.

Jim March
November 28, 2003, 03:17 PM
I didn't have time to plan either. If anybody is still heading that way, call me at 916-370-0347...I just found out there's no possible transit that way. Announcing the location three hours before meeting was just...oh come on, guys, frustrating as hell.

tex_n_cal
November 28, 2003, 06:05 PM
Caption:

"All these damn accessory rails, why didn't I think to mount a speargun for fish?"

Stickjockey
November 28, 2003, 09:17 PM
"Sacramento River Crocs fear me."

shooten
November 29, 2003, 12:26 AM
MMMMM. Chicken feet. They are by far my favorite dim sum. We have a great place down here. Anyone up for a San Diego shoot and dim sum?

Scott

Gewehr98
November 29, 2003, 01:17 AM
Great Wall Mongolian BBQ, either on Florin, Howe, or Greenback. Greater variety for finicky eaters. ;)

As for Skunk's pic, I keep thinking of "G***s in the wire!", but he ain't wearin' black pajamas, so we're ok. :)

QuickDraw
November 29, 2003, 02:33 AM
Insert a caption!!

"The weather started getting rough,the tiny ship was tossed,if not for
the courage of the fearless crew the Minnow would be lost"*

QuickDraw

*Theme from "Gilligans Island":D

Skunkabilly
November 29, 2003, 03:25 AM
s for Skunk's pic, I keep thinking of "G***s in the wire!", but he ain't wearin' black pajamas, so we're ok.

That's "Ch*nks in the wire!" I'm Chinese :cuss: Thus the company slogan: "Skunkabilly Tactical. Let us be the ch*nk in your armor :D :D :D"

If that were my AR-15, would I be using the :banghead: and :cuss: smilies half as much?

Skunkabilly
November 29, 2003, 03:27 AM
Oops, forgot to post a picture.

45R, 9mmEpiphany, Skunkabilly, Duke of Lawnchair and Dr. Jones. We're so tactical, we have no faces.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=632680

Gewehr98
November 29, 2003, 03:34 AM
"Sacramento River Crocs fear me."

I was always told, during my 10 years' indentured servitude in Sacramento, that those were "sewer trout" floating in the Sacramento River. :scrutiny:

(But I did eat the fish I caught in the Upper and Middle Loch Leven Lakes)

45R
November 29, 2003, 04:20 PM
What a day!!! Dim Sum, Shooting and Sushi!!!!!

Thanks Skunk for getting everything setup!!! Next time your in my neck of the woods hollar!

Have a safe trip back to Orange. Tell Senior Skunk I said hello!

45R

45R
November 29, 2003, 04:24 PM
PS.

GHOST RING SKUNKY!!!!!!!!

9mmepiphany
November 29, 2003, 04:25 PM
it was sorta spur of the moment...i was just lucky the family didn't have other plans for the day.

a good time was had by all, even when they stopped bringing food!!! and when i got lost driving to the range :uhoh: and i live here :banghead:

i'm begining to believe that members of THR in CA are all asian :p

i had a chance to compare my 220 to the 220STs of 45r and sactown...even with their additional weight, the recoil seemed about the same :confused:

thanks skunk and duke for bringing out the shotguns :cuss: now i have to start saving for another toy :what:

Sven
November 29, 2003, 05:52 PM
> i'm begining to believe that members of THR in CA are all asia

Not true! ;)

Drjones
November 29, 2003, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, just saw this thread.

It was great meeting you, Skunk, and the other members there too!

Great seeing everyone!

Sorry I had so little time, but these projects I have for school are bears. (No, not even your Benelli would work on these, though I'd like to try!!! :D :D :D )

Lots of fun, and I hope to do it again soon!

Skunk; if you could email me the non-tactical version of the pic, please!

Thanks,
Drjones

45R
November 29, 2003, 07:21 PM
Dr.Jones and 9mm we should do a group buy somewere for a Benelli :) That NOVA Tactical was U.A.F. ( Ugly......) but it had one heck of a sweeet action. I love that way it shot.

Hey 9mm what getting lost a classic case of putting a windshield in front of an Asian guy......:) Just kidden. You smith did a darn good job on your Sig. That Front strap was amazing!

Glad that most of us had a chance to get out. Seeing that look on Skunks face when he was tearing out the little square with the Ghost Rings was priceless.

Ahhhhh good times goooood times.

Jim we didnt forget about you either, as we were passing around Strider, Emerson, Benchmade and Spyderco on the lazy susan we wondered if you were going to be at the range. We didnt know that you didnt have transportation.

Sven- When are you coming out to Sacramento agian.

Skunk, Duke of Lawn Chair and Senior Skunk BIG Thanks for coming out and saying hello and letting us shoot some of your shotguns.

9mmepiphany
November 30, 2003, 03:14 AM
i'll be posting a picture of the custom work on the 220 as soon as i can decide on a digital camera. i was going to get somthing simple just for posting stuff on the internet, but the wife is holding out for the new cannon digital rebel

Skunkabilly
November 30, 2003, 01:30 PM
9mmepiphany, did you see the sign that said 'Dees Meats' when we (you) got lost? I wonder if they sold...never mind :o

REAL MEN SHOOT BENELLIS!!! CYBYWY CCCWWWWWW

Thanks guys PS the ghost rings were AWESOME.

Sactown
November 30, 2003, 03:30 PM
That was a good time. I really should stop meeting THR members for shoots. It's driving me to the poor house trying out everyones toys. I admit after shooting the benelli i went home and checked prices and stuff on the internet, but my momentary Benelli lust has passed...for the moment. Now I'm thinking ghost rings on sigs ain't a bad idea and my 220ST could use a trigger job and.....dangit, dang this forum!!! That was a good time. Next time some long gun action!!

Skunkabilly
November 30, 2003, 06:00 PM
I think it's good that I play with other people's guns. I keep thinking I want a Sig, Glock or revolver, but after shooting them I realize they aren't for me even if it is fun blowing rounds through them just to get it out of my system.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Beretta/Benelli programme :D

Duke of Lawnchair
December 1, 2003, 03:03 AM
Hola amigos!

I had a most triumphant time on friday.

Shooting 9mm's Sig P220 was an orgasmic experience. Gimme the contact info for the outfit that did the action!

Sactown and 45R, I appreciate you folks letting me shoot the STI Trojan, CZ75 SA, and P220ST. That STI ROCKS!

We have to make sure that we all meet up again. Next time I'll bring a knife. Any knife. Heck, I'll bring a spork next time so I won't feel left out!

Jim

Skunkabilly
December 1, 2003, 03:06 AM
LOL. I think Dr Jones has the biggest and scariest damn carry knife award :D

45R
December 1, 2003, 03:12 AM
Next time we do to Dim Sum I am going to bring these babies!!!

http://www.luminousconcepts.com/betactical/SushiStix2.JPG

45R
December 1, 2003, 03:14 AM
Those are chopsticks by the way made from my favorite Metal....

Ti!!!!!!!

Drjones
December 1, 2003, 03:19 AM
Skunk:

Award VERY proudly accepted!

:D :D :D

45R: I didn't know you had those!!! I'm envious!!!

9mmepiphany
December 1, 2003, 03:45 AM
my 220 trigger was done by dale,owner of dm custom guns, when he was still located in sacramento. he has since moved to OR and can be reached at www.dmcustomguns.com

the metal work was performed by ned christiansen of michiguns at www.m-guns.com

45R
December 1, 2003, 04:06 AM
45R: I didn't know you had those!!! I'm envious!!!

I dont but I will soon! :)

Skunkabilly
December 1, 2003, 11:26 AM
45R, You're just jealous and trying to outdo me because I have carbon fiber glasses.

9mmepiphany, what model revolver was that? Edited to add: what are those wings around the frontsight for?

45R
December 1, 2003, 11:38 AM
45R, You're just jealous and trying to outdo me because I have carbon fiber glasses.

Hahahhahahahahahahahaha Dude I'm Chinese those catsticks are like the chops meow :) I could care less if the carrier is CF or not. Now if the chops were anodized that would be sweeet! I think I'm going to get a set with my handle inscribed on the sticks. :)

Gewehr98
December 1, 2003, 12:12 PM
And Skunk's mention of revolver sights w/wings...

9mmEpiphany, does this look similar to what you have?

From Dale's hands, circa 1997, via his North Highlands shop:

http://mauser98.com/ppcdrive.jpg

Skunkabilly
December 1, 2003, 12:32 PM
That looks a lot like 9mmepiphanys (who brought 2 .38s and a .45 but no 9mm) but without the extended cylinder release....

Gewehr98
December 1, 2003, 02:20 PM
Was one of Dale's inventions. I don't know how many more of them were ever carved out of steel, but I wanted one to do fast speedloader reloads for PPC and Steel Challenge matches. (Your shooting grip doesn't change with that thumb-button release) Dale was crazy enough to take a beat-up pre-WWII 5-screw .38/200 M&P and rebuild it into the greased lightning .38Spl race gun you see above. That says something for his skills.

(Dale, hope you're reading this. I found a stainless .357 Model 66 that needs converting into another 6" race gun... :D)

uglymofo
December 1, 2003, 02:33 PM
Dammit, where was I??? Dec 1st, and I'm just seein' this thread?? Jeez, to miss chicken feet (white or soy sauce?) and a chance at a Sacramento guide to a decent sushi house... DAMN...I need a second for seppuku.

Drjones
December 1, 2003, 02:41 PM
Where do you live, uglymofo?

Maybe you can meet myself and 45R when we go to shoot my new Desert Eagle this weekend!!!

:D

uglymofo
December 1, 2003, 02:48 PM
I know my profile says Missi'ppi, but I'm living about half the time in San Jose, PRK. I think this weekend's clear for me, too. I've got a couple DE's (but no ammo), a BHP and a KZ still with me. The rest of the stuff is mostly in MS. Like an @ss, I didn't figure to have the time to shoot, so I've got >1000 rounds of 50AE takin' up space in MS:rolleyes: . Actually, I kept one of the DE's here to sell, but that's still no reason not to have my ammo here for the other two....

Skunk's gonna love this--I should be getting my 1911 and a BFR 45-70 back from Bruce Gray this week. If I recall correctly, Skunk was interested in seeing some of his work a while ago. sorry, Skunky.

Skunkabilly
December 1, 2003, 03:03 PM
Heh, I'm off the HK boat for now. I wanted him to put a pair of Novaks on my P7M8.

9mmepiphany
December 2, 2003, 02:48 AM
actually i've had my PPC gun since before i met dale. it was put together in bill davis' shop in west sacto...it is a smith m-14 with the full round barrel and the sight rib.

the front wings are to prevent side light (low angle) from affecting your sight picture (high tech explanation) or your holster wiping off your sight black (low tech). actually as you rise the sight for the different ranges, it does stick up above the rib a mite...the wings protect it from getting bumped.

before he moved, dale did the action on my smith 642 and my sig 220 and they are very sweet...no 9mm this time because 45R wanted to try the round guns :p

Skunkabilly
December 2, 2003, 03:09 AM
9mmepiphany,

dude. I was expecting you to have a Glock 34, Glock 17, USP9F, USP9C, P7M8, Sig 226, Walther P99, Sig 228, etc. You 9mm poser! :cuss:

9mmepiphany
December 2, 2003, 03:51 AM
i figured you'd be there with your beretta brig and hk p7, i figured to let you carry the "small" bore banner. i actually don't have that many 9mm's in my working battery.

i usually carry my glock 19 or my hk p7 psp. the battery used to include a sig226, but it is out of commission with a cracked rail :banghead: . i've added a p7m8 and a walther p99 but haven't had them out enough to carry yet. the heritage stealth is a novelty and the walther p38 is just for sentimental reasons. if i ever find a 92 upper (G brig or vertec) for my 96, i guess that would be another.

poser, i think not...just currently smitten with the .45 again (it's all those custom dollars invested)

Skunkabilly
December 2, 2003, 11:26 AM
Call Ernest Langdon about the G-thang. 703-978-1262

45R
December 23, 2003, 04:09 AM
Dr.Jones, Skunk, Duke!!!

I finally got my Ti Chopsticks!!!! They came in the mail on Saturday! Talk about a nice set of light shopsticks. I'll get some pictures up soon in the non firearms section.

They are made by Eric Blare from the USN forum.

http://www.luminousconcepts.com/betactical/SushiStix2.JPG

artherd
December 23, 2003, 07:17 AM
45R- those are Uber Tactical(TM)!

Need to get some pistolas and join you guys next time.

45R
December 23, 2003, 11:06 AM
artherd-

Your always welcome to come out and shoot with us!

45R

If you enjoyed reading about "(CA) Roadtrip of Tacticality: Informal Sacramento Gathering 11/28/03" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!