XDm45!

PDA

DevilDog0402
April 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
The May issue of American Rifleman has an add for the XDM45, but its not showing up on their website yet. Anybody know if it has an increase in capacity over the standard XD45?

If you enjoyed reading about "XDm45!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jackslayer
April 20, 2010, 09:51 PM
Squeezing 15 rounds of 45 would be pretty incredible. Don't see how it could be done without a wider/bulkier grip. Excited to hear more

Full Metal Jacket
April 20, 2010, 10:12 PM
i'm on the edge of my seat.

mesinge2
April 20, 2010, 10:28 PM
This is the XDm I have been waiting for!!!

GIJOEL
April 20, 2010, 11:09 PM
This news has changed my outlook on life as I know it.

Ridgerunner665
April 20, 2010, 11:21 PM
I saw the ad...no details, just a picture.

EdLaver
April 20, 2010, 11:24 PM
Finally...the gun we all have been waiting for. I think the XDm .45 is the most highly anticipated gun since the XDm lineup was introduced what like two years ago now? Can't wait!!!!!

Straight Shooter
April 20, 2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=119880&stc=1&d=1271820748

Straight Shooter
April 20, 2010, 11:50 PM
The 4.5 on a .45 looks like a typo :rolleyes:

David E
April 20, 2010, 11:53 PM
The 4.5 on a .45 looks like a typo

Yeah, but it denotes the barrel length

Straight Shooter
April 21, 2010, 12:00 AM
Yea, I know. I just think it looks odd.

CPshooter
April 21, 2010, 12:17 AM
Is the 15 round capacity a fact, or is it just a rumor as of right now?

Full Metal Jacket
April 21, 2010, 12:32 AM
i'm going to have that pic tattooed on my thigh.

Full Metal Jacket
April 21, 2010, 12:35 AM
Yea, I know. I just think it looks odd.

yep.

it looks like a 40cal that's been through photoshop.

you can tell by the barrel--the walls are too thick, and the bore diameter is too small. i would take it to mean that the 45acp version will have the same external dimensions.

REAPER4206969
April 21, 2010, 12:47 AM
i'm on the edge of my seat.
The suspense is killing me...

mesinge2
April 21, 2010, 05:25 PM
The ad not having any specs is just evil

Big Daddy Grim
April 21, 2010, 09:20 PM
I know no specs made me cry but I want one. Speaking of .45's has anyone heard any info on the 15 round count or reliability of the FN .45.

mesinge2
April 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
I'll tell you this better be released soon. I am tired of companies releasing an ad and then the product never comes out:

Charter Arms Rimless revolver
Kel-Tec PMR-30
Taurus Raging Judge and Judge Carbine

Just to name a few.

valor1
April 22, 2010, 01:00 AM
i am breathless with anticipation

Thaddeus Jones
April 22, 2010, 09:39 AM
Finally!! A new production handgun to be excited about!!

I can't wait to get my hands on this XDm 45!! :)

1KPerDay
April 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
Just curious... why all the hype/fainting about the XDm 45? Is it really significantly different from the current XD45? :confused:

MachIVshooter
April 22, 2010, 12:24 PM
Another rendition of a plastic fantastic from one of the big 3.

Yawn.

I just don't understand how some people get so gooey about it. OMG! OMG! It holds ONE more round than the old model. YIPEEE!!!! Let's sell our first born child to fund it and then camp at the front doors of the gun shop so we can get the first one on the morning of it's release!

John Parker
April 22, 2010, 12:55 PM
I think that making it a 4.5 barrel is a good idea. With the 4", it looks long in the grip, and the 5" looks like (exactly what it is) a giant pistol. I can't complain about how well the XD shoots, though!

1KPerDay
April 22, 2010, 01:08 PM
My buddy got an XD45 service recently and I dig it. I'd consider an XDm if there were significant benefits... so pretty much aesthetics, and interchangeable backstraps, right?

Sheepdog1968
April 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
Just curious... why all the hype/fainting about the XDm 45? Is it really significantly different from the current XD45? :confused:
They have an upgraded barrel and the gripping surface on the pistol is a bit more agressive. I don't find those two features to be all that exciting. I think where most people get excited is about the increased capacity the XDm in 9 mm and 40 have when compared to the XD line. People are hoping that they can also get increase capacity in the 45 ACP as well. It's hard to say if this will be the case (I hope it is or lots of folks will be upset/disappointed). Right now, it's all a moot point for me as I live in CA and we have restrictions on pistols making it very unlikely we will be getting this one in this state unless we buy it used from either a LEO or someone who moved from a different state and had it before they arrrived in CA. Even then, they can't legally sell the high cap mags.

CoRoMo
April 22, 2010, 01:24 PM
I just don't understand how some people get so gooey about it. OMG! OMG! It holds ONE more round than the old model. YIPEEE!!!!
That's about right. I love my XD45, but I'm in no hurry for this one. I have to doubt that they will increase the capacity though. But then again, I loudly doubted they would ever produce an m45. Without the capacity increase, what you'll get in the m45 is:

1. Match barrel
2. Interchangeable back strap inserts
3. Heavy guide rod spring
4. Shorter trigger reset
5. Aesthetic slide and frame contouring
7. Low profile/Novak style rear sight (but you lose the three dots?)

Those things are probably worth the extra $200, but the basic XD is such a fine pistol by itself, and it has a good load of fine features that I have little reason to move beyond it. I'd rather pay the extra $200 to Springer Precision to do a couple tunings of my picking.

Full Metal Jacket
April 22, 2010, 01:33 PM
i wonder if it'll be the runaway hit that the 3.8 has been......:eek:

GojuBrian
April 22, 2010, 02:06 PM
I'd like one, but I'm willing to wait until I can get a good used one for $500 or less like the xd's now. :neener:

Sheepdog1968
April 22, 2010, 03:48 PM
That's about right. I love my XD45, but I'm in no hurry for this one. I have to doubt that they will increase the capacity though. But then again, I loudly doubted they would ever produce an m45. Without the capacity increase, what you'll get in the m45 is:

1. Match barrel
2. Interchangeable back strap inserts
3. Heavy guide rod spring
4. Shorter trigger reset
5. Aesthetic slide and frame contouring
7. Low profile/Novak style rear sight (but you lose the three dots?)

Those things are probably worth the extra $200, but the basic XD is such a fine pistol by itself, and it has a good load of fine features that I have little reason to move beyond it. I'd rather pay the extra $200 to Springer Precision to do a couple tunings of my picking.
Good point. The XD in 45 ACP was on a redesigned frame. It came out in 2006 (I think). I'm sure at the time the engineers tried to increase the round count. I've got to wonder how much optimization room is left for capacity. I hope they can get more rounds in it but it wouldn't completely surprise me. The two year wait I think is just part of their life cycle managment on the XDm platform.

Gryffydd
April 22, 2010, 03:56 PM
Finally...the gun we all have been waiting for.
Nope. That would be the XDm in 10mm :evil:

Kingofthehill
April 22, 2010, 04:36 PM
Reaper and Full Metal Jacket... we get it.... we know you guys are Anti XD and Pro Glock... Really, is all the BS necessary?

I for one will be buying the XDm .45.... I have the XD in 45 and even if the gun holds the same amount, the more refined XDm 45 will be a better gun, Just like the XDm 9 is a better gun then the XD 9.

I have at this moment a Xd 9, xd 9sc, xd 40, xd 45 and an XDm 9mm... I personally have been waiting for the XDm 45, just like ruger SR guys want to see one in 40 and the way some Glock guys wanted to see interchangeable back straps.

JOe

DannyZRC
April 22, 2010, 04:39 PM
CoRoMo, you missed the no-trigger takedown.

carry on.

peyton
April 22, 2010, 04:43 PM
So do you think they will make it with the external safety lever??

CoRoMo
April 22, 2010, 04:46 PM
The XD in 45 ACP was on a redesigned frame. It came out in 2006 (I think). I'm sure at the time the engineers tried to increase the round count. I've got to wonder how much optimization room is left for capacity.

That's the thing. SA used the XD45 frame to design the dimensional aspects of the m line, and they were able to fit 19+1 9mm/16+1 .40S&W/13+1 .45ACP into that frame. At least the kings over at the XDtalk forums have claimed this and it appears to be the case. But if they are going to try and squeeze in one more .45 cartridge, they're reinventing a wheel that was a reinvention of itself just a few years ago. I don't expect it.

Danny: Yeah, I've heard that the m is easier to dis/assemble, but I don't own one and obviously haven't stripped one down, but you're right, and I've heard/read that.

I will say that the XD45 with 13+1 is a hoot!! I love this pistol and I want at least one more. I love pounding 14rds of .45acp without reloading!!

Col. Plink
April 24, 2010, 12:36 PM
hear hear!

I have the XD45T and I just can't see how capacity could go up by more than 1 (if at all).

Not sure the other M-hancements (harhar) are enough to make me buy one or sell mine to get one... Darn cool idea though; my buddy's XDm40 is a FINE pistol fit and finish-wise that I'd likely get before an XDm45 (mainly since I already have the XD45T).

Full Metal Jacket
April 24, 2010, 06:05 PM
Reaper and Full Metal Jacket... we get it.... we know you guys are Anti XD and Pro Glock... Really, is all the BS necessary?

our opinions, which the OP asked for, is are no less valid than yours. ;)

MachIVshooter
April 24, 2010, 07:59 PM
our opinions, which the OP asked for, is are no less valid than yours.

No he didn't. The only question was:

Anybody know if it has an increase in capacity over the standard XD45?

Doesn't mean you're not free to provide them, but they were not sought by the OP.

sigma 40ve
April 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
When they make it in 10mm I'll buy one. I will check the 45 out at the NRA convention next month. I'm sure it will be there. Can't wait for the convention.

Full Metal Jacket
April 24, 2010, 10:44 PM
No he didn't. The only question was:

the OP indirectly asked for opinions on the xdm45. an inquiry always leads to related opinions on forums, my friend. what else would be the point of a thread? ;)

TG13
April 25, 2010, 05:58 AM
most likely it will hold 14+1.. it will probably need a different follower.. think along the lines of the "Gram's Format" followers.. only with a redesign to allow for the slide to lock on empty..

If you enjoyed reading about "XDm45!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!