Ruger M77 "boat paddle" stocks

PDA

little joe
April 23, 2010, 11:24 AM
1. Will the newer style synthetic "boat paddle" stocks fit pre MKII M77s made in the early 70's or mid 80's ?

2. And, if so, are there any sources in addition to the various gun/gun parts auction sites ?

Thanks Lj

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger M77 "boat paddle" stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmr40
April 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
No, at least not without some major work. I assume you are looking for something for one of the tang safety models. www.brownprecision.com still makes fiberglass stocks for the original Ruger77. There may be others, but I'm not sure.

dakotasin
April 23, 2010, 08:20 PM
afaik you'll have some surgery to do in the tang, but i think that is the biggest of the problems. the angled recoil lug, trigger mortise, etc should all be about right.

i have a tang-safety stock that was modified to use the mark 2 actions, and only the tang area had anything altered. i have not done the conversion the other way (yet), though. 'the other way' being what you are asking about.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger M77 "boat paddle" stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!