Any Lapin Puukko Owners Out There?

PDA

HoosierQ
April 29, 2010, 03:53 PM
I really like these and am considering one of the following, which I'll buy from Ragnar:

Lapin Puukko "Military Knife".
Lapin Puukko "The Hunter"
Lapin Puukko "The Skinner"

The Military Knife is a more traditional Finnish Puukko style all the way round (I guess the official knife of the Finnish military) but lacks any sort of guard. The other two have more ergonomic wooden handles.

Any Lapin Puukko owners out there? Any love for this Finnish maker?

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Lapin Puukko Owners Out There?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SeekHer
May 7, 2010, 09:44 AM
I collect Scandi/Norde style blades and have Lapin as well as Ahti, Roselli, Järvenpää, Kellam, Marttiini and Paaso Finnish; Helle, Strömeng and Brusletto Norwegian; Icebear, Karesuando and Mora Swedish; various Danish knives plus a number of custom makers and some other smaller commercial makers that I can't remember offhand their names as I'm not near my database...

I prefer Helle and Kellam and have almost all of the first and a dozen of the second...

I live near a Finnish community and a few large Icelandic towns and have been over to Scandinavia many times over the years and bought there or had friends/relatives of neighbours bring them over with them when they came to visit...

joneb
May 7, 2010, 11:51 AM
With Finnish in-laws it helps to have a puukko handy :) one for work and one for dress.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Lapin Puukko Owners Out There?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!