Which extended mag release for 10/22 Ruger?

PDA

buzzcut
May 4, 2010, 01:09 AM
Greetings,

Who offers the best extended mag release for the 10/22? I've heard that some makes have issues such as interfering with other controls, need to be modified, etc.

Will the newer factory supplied extended mag release drop fit into the older 10/22's?

Thanks for any help,
Buzz

If you enjoyed reading about "Which extended mag release for 10/22 Ruger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmorris
May 4, 2010, 11:20 AM
I just drill and tap the original, cut the head off of a socket head cap screw, round the end and locktite it in. Extended release that IS the factory one for under $ .10.

Jubjub
May 4, 2010, 11:30 AM
Most of my 10/22s have this one from Midway

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=662086

It's cheap, and easy to make into what I want. I cut off about half of it and make it a smooth rounded lump. Easy to work, but hard to trip by accident. Also, the plastic isn't as cold on the hands when hunting.

Maverick223
May 4, 2010, 12:13 PM
I have the Tactical Solutions Performance Extended Magazine Release (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=596824&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=649) and while it works, I am not particularly fond of it. It doesn't fit the curve of the trigger guard just right, is a little loose fitting, and cost 5x as much as the competition. I would go with a cheap paddle type as linked above.

:)

Andrew Wyatt
May 4, 2010, 12:19 PM
The factory one is a drop in, and it's just fine.

buzzcut
May 5, 2010, 03:08 AM
Extended release that IS the factory one for under $ .10.

LOL ... a beautiful solution. God bless America! :D

spartywrx
May 5, 2010, 01:44 PM
I have the Tactical Solutions Performance Extended Magazine Release and while it works, I am not particularly fond of it. It doesn't fit the curve of the trigger guard just right, is a little loose fitting, and cost 5x as much as the competition. I would go with a cheap paddle type as linked above.

I would disagree. I like mine because it can be operated from behind the triggergaurd, so you don't have to fiddle with the little paddle ones. It is more expensive than the others, but it is made out of solid aluminum, which I suppose is why it costs a bit more.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4581874240_82bb50ac26_o.jpg

1KPerDay
May 5, 2010, 01:57 PM
I just drill and tap the original, cut the head off of a socket head cap screw, round the end and locktite it in. Extended release that IS the factory one for under $ .10.
Got a pic?

CraigC
May 5, 2010, 02:04 PM
I like the Power Custom extended mag release. It's long, serrated and easy to manipulate. The Volquartsen release also works well, though I don't prefer it. Ain't foolin' with cheap plastic releases, even in my cheap plastic trigger housing. ;)

DoubleTapDrew
May 5, 2010, 03:46 PM
I've been happy with the B&C jubjub posted a link to. Cheap and it works. No modifications needed on mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which extended mag release for 10/22 Ruger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!