Need a holdster - where can I buy this type?


May 11, 2010, 12:50 PM
The local gun stores in my town are useless with accessories. They're always telling me "we ordered it but it's not here yet".

In any case I have a Kimber ultra carry 1911 with a 3" barrel. I'm looking for an outside hip holdster. I want one that has either a strap or the button thingy. Can anyone recommend a web site where I can buy such a holdster and can anyone recommend one. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a holdster - where can I buy this type?" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
May 11, 2010, 12:53 PM
Trying searching the INTERNET for HOLSTER and you will fine about 10,000,000,000 websites with them.

I think if you search for tacticool accessories you will find what you are looking for.

Kimber must be proud. So many people buying their product.

May 11, 2010, 01:05 PM
Before you buy a Galco and subsequently complain that the thumb snap doesn't work with your "cocked and locked" Kimber, read FAQ #1 from the Galco website.
All Galco holsters with safety straps and thumb breaks are designed to carry the 1911 with the "hammer down, chamber empty". Galco 1911 fit holsters that are "open top" (no safety strap and no thumbreak)are designed to accommodate 1911's in all safe "conditions" specified by the firearm manufacture.
May I suggest a couple of holster maker sites that have excellent FAQ sections that may help you in your search even if you don't buy from them.

Horseshoe Leather


High Noon Holsters

May 11, 2010, 01:39 PM
I have one of these for my compact 1911 and love it:

The photo has a full sized 1911 pictured, but as you will note the description lists "officer" size, and that's what I received, so the photo is not accurate. The holster is open bottomed for the compact.

I've never had a problem with Midway, and they ship pretty quickly if the item isn't on backorder (as this one appears to be).

Here is their selection of other holsters for compact 1911's if you don't like this one:***20788***20789***10771***

DoubleDeuce 1
June 16, 2010, 12:10 AM
Check out TED BLOCKER HOLSTERS. Top flight outfit. They make great work holsters.

June 16, 2010, 12:21 PM
With a quality molded leather holster you really don't need the top strap (unless you're planning on bungee jumping while carrying).

DoubleDuce is correct, Ted Blocker makes a nice OWB for your 1911 (

Also DeSantis ( has something like what you want on their site (but you'll need to check with them about whether you can carry C&L with it). You might also be able to trim the thumb strap on a Glaco or DeSantis too.

If you're really worried about retention, you might look at something like Bianchi's Carrylok holster. (

Recently someone posted here ( about a holster they got from Lobo ( ... his stuff looks pretty nice and is priced real nicely.

June 16, 2010, 05:48 PM

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a holdster - where can I buy this type?" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!