How many guns do you carry with your CCW permit?

PDA

Lord Soth
January 21, 2003, 07:36 PM
How many guns and/or other weapons do you carry with you CCW permit? Also what type of guns and/or other weapons do you carry?

If you enjoyed reading about "How many guns do you carry with your CCW permit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rick458
January 21, 2003, 07:42 PM
Do You mean at one time? or how many are licenced on the permit?
I carry a 1911, either a Kimber Stainless II, Or a Colt Ser 80 STS,
Or a 1991A1 Commander, with a Browning Feather weight composite drop point lockblade that is older than my kid:cool:

Chris Rhines
January 21, 2003, 07:44 PM
One, sometimes two. Will be two all the time when I find a good backup gun.

- Chris

Jesse H
January 21, 2003, 07:45 PM
Currently one gun and spare mag. Hopefully 2 when I figure out a good holster and means of carry for the bug.

Albert Shear
January 21, 2003, 08:12 PM
If you are referring to the present it is a S&W 625 3" 45acp in a Wild Bills Conealment Scabbard and a S&W 642 in a Safariland #25 pocket holster in front pants pocket.

sm
January 21, 2003, 08:29 PM
AR CCW does NOT list firearms or restrict how many I may carry.

Qualify with Revo, that's the only platform that CCW may carry.(Restricted)
Qualify with Semi, and that CCW may carry Semi and/or Revolver. (Un restricted)

I carried 7 revos and 2 semis concealed once. Even stopped to get smokes and coffee while doing so, en route to range to qual students. :D

El Rojo
January 21, 2003, 08:32 PM
I have three on my permit and carry one pretty much exclusively. I want to put my Remington 870 on it so I can carry it around loaded in the car with me. Didn't have the testicles to ask though.

Ledbetter
January 21, 2003, 08:39 PM
Tell me when you go so I can take a picture of you and the officer.

I carry one at a time, licensed for three. I always carry at least one backup mag.

Standing Wolf
January 21, 2003, 08:41 PM
I carry one revolver and one speed loader or one semi-automatic and one spare magazine. I figure if I'm likely to need two guns, I shouldn't be there.

mgjohn
January 21, 2003, 09:19 PM
Generally one or two and a backup. 3-5 spare mags. 3 on me and 2 in my jacket.

Smoke
January 21, 2003, 09:25 PM
License doesn't dictate how many or what I carry.

I usually only have one on my person at a time, though I may have another in the truck.

Always have a shotgun and a rifle in the truck and in the house; loaded, not chambered.

CAP
January 21, 2003, 10:06 PM
In N.C you are not licensed for any specific gun, just ONE at a time. :banghead:

No back-up allowed here. :banghead: :banghead:

Carlos
January 21, 2003, 10:08 PM
Four, and they're all scary.

Just one at a time though.

sixgun_symphony
January 21, 2003, 10:10 PM
I generally carry a Colt Cobra in a shoulder holster and Spyderco Clipit knife in my pants pocket. I also keep a blackjack in my coat pocket.

answerguy
January 21, 2003, 10:14 PM
A big debate on a Michigan gun owners board was to whether or not you could carry more than one gun on your CCW permit. One person argued that since it was titled 'Concealed Weapons Permit' (note the plural) that you were required to carry more than one gun.:D

MarineTech
January 21, 2003, 10:23 PM
I usually carry one of 3 handguns on me for defense.

Kimber Compact Stainless (series 1) .45ACP (Primary carry gun)

Sig 239 9mm (Light clothing carry)

Dan Wesson 7460 revolver (Hunting Carry)

I also usually keep an M1 Carbine in the trunk of my car with 2 15 round magazines in a butt-stock magazine holder. This is my "just in case" gun when I need a little more "oomph".

Dave R
January 22, 2003, 12:50 AM
ID has a Concealed WeaponS Permit. I generally carry one or two. But could carry as many as I could conceal. A full-auto Uzi under my coat would be perfectly legal.

[Disclaimer:IANAL--don't try this without verifying for yourself]

Al Norris
January 22, 2003, 01:39 AM
DaveR, since Idaho is a class III friendly state, you can carry an Uzi concealed with the permit....so says the Sheriff of Minidoka County. He signs off the Form 4, as long as you promise to let him try your new toy!

In our neighboring county, the new sheriff of Cassia County won't sign off on Form 4's.

boing
January 22, 2003, 02:04 AM
In N.C you are not licensed for any specific gun, just ONE at a time.

No back-up allowed here.

To my knowledge, you are incorrect about how many handguns a NC licensee can carry simultaneously. Do you have a source for this information?

I often carry two (a 1911 and a KelTec), and a trip to the range usually finds more in my range bag. All covered by my singular CCW permit, AFAIK.

I may contact the Attorney General's office tomorrow for clarification.

tomkatz
January 22, 2003, 03:03 AM
I've carried three at once on a trip to the badlands(downtown seattle)342 on the ankle, glock 26 IWB, beretta jetfire in my pocket. Or just a glock 17 on my belt with two 17 rd. backup mags......tom

4570Rick
January 22, 2003, 05:37 AM
I haven't found one that will fit in my wallet with the permit.

:neener:

Of course I live in Kali so I don't know about these CCW's of which you speek. :banghead:

denfoote
January 22, 2003, 06:20 AM
Whatever I want, as many as I want!! I don't even have to carry them concealed!! Arizona is an open carry state!! :neener:

modifiedbrowning
January 22, 2003, 10:58 AM
Right now I carry one, but will remedy that when I find a nice BUG. As far as CCW goes no restriction.

Viking6
January 22, 2003, 11:04 AM
generally, one at a time. That seems sufficient for me.

Betty
January 22, 2003, 11:11 AM
The TN handgun carry permit doesn't list guns or the limit.

For a primary:
.45 USPc or .357 S&W 640 or .357 Taurus 617

For backup:
NAA Mini .22 Mag and/or .357 S&W 640 or .380 Sig 232

also:
extra mag/speedloader or two
any number of knives, whatever I feel like carrying at the time
Surefire E2E, with modified belt clip & lanyard

rarely: 16" ASP baton

Today: USPc, extra magazine, NAA Mini, MOD Dieter II, Surefire in purse

Viking6
January 22, 2003, 11:13 AM
runt, you might consider some Motrin for the back pain/strain.

Zander
January 22, 2003, 12:26 PM
The Tennessee HCP "allows" any number of handguns, open or concealed.

As an experiment, I once walked around with 22 firearms; yep, different calibers, but 22 different pistols and revolvers. Given the time of year, it wasn't that hard to do. In the dead of August would be something altogether different. :cool:

Current proposals before the legislature would "allow" other "weapons" such as larger knives, batons and extra-strength pepper spray under the same permit as long as the individual had proper training; that is, a long as you were willing to pay an extra fee to the state.

And there's a chance that the permit will be modified to allow any firearm, long or short, to be carried.

We've made a lot of progress in the last nine years...

Betty
January 22, 2003, 12:31 PM
And there's a chance that the permit will be modified to allow any firearm, long or short, to be carried.

Great! That would mean I could tote around my Mosin M44. Mess with me, and I'll shoot ya' AND bayonet ya'. I kinda like that. :p

....or is it bayonet and then shoot?

Twenty-two handguns, Zander?! :what: And people think I'm freaky? :D

Baron Holbach
January 22, 2003, 12:35 PM
Quote:

I carried 7 revos and 2 semis concealed once. Even stopped to get smokes and coffee while doing so, en route to range to qual students.

Unquote

NINE guns concealed on your person??? Would you care to elaborate?:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "How many guns do you carry with your CCW permit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!