Vacation Road Trip Question

PDA

hadmanysons
May 12, 2010, 11:38 PM
My wife and I will be taking a road trip here soon. We'll set out from Arkansas and end up in D.C., stopping at EVERY Civil War battlefield along the way :( We'll be staying in Maryland and I know that they don't honor my permit and especially not D.C. but my question is this: As long as I unload, lock up and store the ammo separate, the pistol should be legal if left in the R.V. (in Maryland) while we take a shuttle to D.C. every day, right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Vacation Road Trip Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArtP
May 13, 2010, 12:26 AM
You're fine the way you describe it.

In fact, even some of the most unfriendly states allow a concealed weapon in a motor home or tractor trailer, concidered living quarters. Gun must be kept in the living quaters.

Oro
May 13, 2010, 04:33 AM
Just to be clear:

You are swinging north of DC and visiting Antietam and Gettysburg, right?

Do not skip Antietam/Sharpsburg. It's not as famous as Gettysburg, but it was nearly as critical to the war and it's a much better preserved battlefield (though Gettysburg is very good). It's perhaps the best preserved battlefield of all; and along with Gettysburg and Marye's Heights at Frederiksburg, one of the most tactically accessible of tourist of all the major battlefields. I spent several years living in DC and traveling to the major VA/MD theater battlefields; these were the best.

The civil war medical museum in Frederick, MD is also worth a look-see. It's small, but good.

To be on -topic, yes, what ArtP said, it's your temporary domicile while taking a day shuttle so how you store it inside as long as the door is locked is good. For a fun diversion of interst in DC if you can manage it, have a blue-plate lunch in the cafeteria of the Masonic Temple on 16th St. well north of downtown. An impressive, cheap little experience.

hadmanysons
May 13, 2010, 01:36 PM
Cool. Thanks guys

If you enjoyed reading about "Vacation Road Trip Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!