M1 Garand Win-13

PDA

David Wile
May 16, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hey folks,

I have decided to sell my firearms collection, and I am wondering how to get a fair price different items. I searched on the buy/sell forum for information on the subject rifle, but I did not find anything.

I would like to sell my M1 Garand Win-13 that was purchased through the CMP back in the 80s or early 90s. It is in its original CMP box and the paperwork is with it. It is one of the rare Win-13 rifles.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Garand Win-13" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
vanfunk
May 16, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Dave:
As with anything collectable, condition and originality are everything. Is your WIN-13 M1 all correct? If so, is it in 90% condition or better? An all correct Win -13 so described, with CMP paperwork, would be $3200 IMO. Value goes down from there; a "service grade" mixmaster WIN-13 will probably bring $1200-1600, depending on how badly someone simply wants one just to say he has one. With the economy as bad as it is, Garand collector-grade rifles have been about 30% devalued in recent years, so it's not the best time to be thinking about selling a collectable M1.

Scott Duff has had a couple of correct WIN-13s on his website for ages now, well over two years, anyway - and they haven't moved at, I think, $3495 or so. I know of an all-correct example available near me at a gunshop that hasn't moved at $3200 for well over a year as well. Can you post pics and part info, i.e. drawing numbers? That'll help us give you a value.

HTH,

vanfunk

Tim the student
May 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
Did you look to see what items have sold for on gunbroker?

For your Garand, the guys on the CMP forums may be able to help you with a value.

USSR
May 16, 2010, 08:55 PM
Dave,

$850 for basically a Winchester receiver with decent wood and a service grade non-Winchester barrel, and little to no other Winchester parts. From there, start adding up the correct Winchester parts (cut WRA op rod - $200, uncut WRA op rod - $400, etc.)

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Garand Win-13" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!