Ruger sp101 MA and CA approved.

PDA

tackstrp
May 17, 2010, 08:34 PM
I thought that a revolver to be MA or CA approved it must have an internal lock with a key somewhat like the new Smith and Wesson and Taurus Revolvers.

I was looking at the Ruger home site and noted that SP101 are approved for sell, yet I see no mention of external cable and locks or internal key locks.

What am I missing.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger sp101 MA and CA approved." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
earlthegoat2
May 17, 2010, 08:37 PM
Im under the impression most revolvers are OK. I have shipped a few older Smiths and Colts there after an online sale.

Quiet
May 17, 2010, 08:57 PM
For CA...
Internal locks are not a requirement to qualify for testing to be placed on the CA DOJ approved list.

Also for CA...
For a revolver to get listed, it needs a firing pin safety and needs to pass a reliability & drop test.
C&R revolvers and single-action revolvers are exempt from the above requirements.

tackstrp
May 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
aaah . so that is the trick. I used to be a fan of Seecamp autos and remember that only recently they came out with a CA approved model. Maybe MA too. Crazy prices

So that was where i got my mixed up ideas.

NMGonzo
May 18, 2010, 02:09 PM
There goes my last chance to get a sp101 for cheap.

tackstrp
May 18, 2010, 04:33 PM
purchased my sp101 used $329 then added CT grips. HOpe to get a fiber optic front sight. With my eyesight about all i can do is point and shoot. The CT is great in low light but not worth a flip in daylight to me.

Sorry cant sell. Like snub nose guns. Any 38 is better than a 380 auto . IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger sp101 MA and CA approved." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!