SIG P226R .40 Two Tone or H&K USP 45 Compact

PDA

Q!!
May 20, 2010, 09:48 AM
Which would you buy and why??? Both seem like great guns. Would be used for mainly range use and woods use. I have a great belt and don't mind the extra weight of the SIG for carry.

In the long run which one is going to be more reliable?? Which is more accurate??

Thanks in advance for your responses.

If you enjoyed reading about "SIG P226R .40 Two Tone or H&K USP 45 Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tincanhunter
May 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
Crap! You don't make it easy, do you? I've shot both and owned the HK. Both are great pistols. As far as accuracy goes, their on equal ground. My dad's P226 would shoot ~1.25" at 25yds and my HK USP Compact 45 would shoot ~1.20" at 25 yds. Both with hand loads. The Sig did have a better trigger, but to me felt like I was gripping a tree branch while shooting it. Big fat grips. As far as reliability, you probably won't have any issues with either. I put several thousand rounds through my HK without a hiccup.

Pick the one you like the most and buy it.

SigP229R
May 20, 2010, 03:37 PM
I have never owned a HK so can't say anything about them and they are by all reports a fine gun. I do however own a Sig P229R and it is my daily CC and it will be the last gun I will ever sell.

If you enjoyed reading about "SIG P226R .40 Two Tone or H&K USP 45 Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!