CZ-75/85 owners:

PDA

Lvl21nerd
May 20, 2010, 09:50 PM
with the black poly finish, what is good CLP to use?

anything fine, or does it require specific stuff?

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-75/85 owners:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redarmy67
May 20, 2010, 09:58 PM
I use hoppes elite gun oil (CLP)

atblis
May 20, 2010, 10:29 PM
Actually, it doesn't really require anything at all. It is not susceptible to corrosion like bluing.

The Lone Haranguer
May 20, 2010, 10:31 PM
No normal gun lubricant or cleaning solvent is going to harm the finish.

Lvl21nerd
May 21, 2010, 01:45 AM
i wasnt really concerned with harming the finish directly, i just thought some stuff wouldnt perform adequately, possibly allowing damage to occur otherwise

BCRider
May 21, 2010, 01:55 AM
You are worrying needlessly.

I've sloped a few different oils on mine as well as brake cleaner, the fairly nasty Ed's Red soup and Hoppes #9. And none of them have done diddly to the finish. And Ed's Red cleaner contains acetone. An excellent paint remover in most cases. Remove your rubber grips before using Ed's or it'll eat the rubber and make it give up black stains to your wiping rag. But the coating they use has come through it all with not so much as a whimper.

Or do you mean the lubricating ability? If so then any of the CLP type oils should do just fine.

schmeky
May 21, 2010, 08:49 AM
I have purposely tried to find limitations of CZ's polycoat, and after nearly 4 years I have. The others are correct, the PC needs nothing to protect the finish, which in reality is a ceramic composite type finish; it's not paint per se.

The only things that will harm the PC are concentrated heat and severe abrasion. It's a tough, maintenance free finish.

redarmy67
May 21, 2010, 10:58 AM
dont forget about about nicking it on the sharp lip of your small gun safe like I managed to do. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-75/85 owners:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!