OOW FN M16A2 barrel

PDA

Visionz45
May 21, 2010, 01:44 AM
I bought an FN marked 1-7 twist M16A2 barrel for an upper that was sitting around doing nothing. After doing a google search I came up with barrels at Ohio Ordnance Works. I called them and asked about their origins without any real clear answer. The gentleman said that they were pretty much brand new and had been imported. This sounds obviously odd to me as I wasn't aware of any barrels being imported for assault weapons for some time now. Long story short I purchased one for around $200.00. The FSB and barrel nut showed obvious wear but the barrel its self had 99% finish. I sent it to my smith, a former USMC armorer who quickly replied that it gauge 8 for throat erosion. Now I'm beginning to wonder if someone got their hands on some US military take offs and simply re-parked them and repacked them. With further research some are alleging that these are either factory seconds or in my case military waste that aren't legal for distribution to civilians. Don't waste your money, their evidently junk. Ive now acquired a 1980's production EMCO that's in mint condition and gauges new. This is more of an indictment on my own judgment and I'm making no ill claims, just warning folks.

If you enjoyed reading about "OOW FN M16A2 barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "OOW FN M16A2 barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!