Just ordered a XCR

PDA

Carter
May 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
I ordered a XCR from my local gun shop the other day. The owner called me up yesterday and said it'd take three weeks for the rifle to get here. The company has all their rifles in stock, all they had to do was switch the sights to troy flip ups. So my question is, why does it take so long for rifles to arrive at a ffl dealer, especially when the manufacturer has them in stock?

If you enjoyed reading about "Just ordered a XCR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
May 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
There is absolutely no reason it should take that long. I have had rifles arrive in just a few days, others that took months. It all depends upon the distributer/shipper.

:)

Carter
May 21, 2010, 01:23 PM
Lovely...

I'm going to have 500 rounds of ammo, 4 pmags, and a magpul afg staring at me for three weeks...

JoeMal
May 21, 2010, 01:27 PM
That sucks to hear Carter. I ordered a rifle on Monday and they claim it will be here today or Monday...so 5-7 days shipping. We'll see if they are right. But yeah, I've got a bunch of ammo and gear here waiting, too :what: :banghead:

As mentioned, I think it just depends on the circumstances

Maverick223
May 21, 2010, 01:47 PM
If it is any consolation, you got yourself a nice rifle...well worth the wait IMO.

Carter
May 21, 2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks Maverick223. I about cried when it hit my bank account though.

RP88
May 21, 2010, 02:46 PM
at least you are buying from a good company, that straightened out the kinks rather well, so you should only have to cry once.

Maverick223
May 21, 2010, 02:50 PM
I think you'd cry more if you bought something like a Remington ACR...and get less in return for those tears. ;)

Carter
May 21, 2010, 03:01 PM
Ha, very true. My local shop has an acr, but if I was goin to spend that much I'd rather have a SCAR. All in all I'm happy with the purchase. All there is to do now is take her to the range in a few weeks and then save up for a conversion kit or 18in barrel =)

bpl
May 21, 2010, 07:41 PM
Which XCR did you get? What chambering? What stock? How much $$?

Maybe they're just quoting 3 weeks so when you get it in 1-2 weeks you'll be thrilled.

Carter
May 21, 2010, 09:43 PM
5.56 light barrel 16 inch
m4 stock adaptor (I have a ctr magpul stock for it already from a previous AR)
troy flip ups
black color
a-2 flash hider
Pretty much standard. I didn't feel like paying a buttload more for a folding stock or one the stocks that they advertise it with, which would of been atleast $175 more.

I spent $15xx before tax including shipping. $17xx afterwards.

Slvr Surfr
May 22, 2010, 03:26 PM
Carter,

You may try and contact one of the Rob Arm reps on the xcr forum. She goes by the name Terrashrewsberry. She is an active rep on that board and works at the factory. When ever I have contacted her, she has been prompt and polite. She will get your stuff worked out hopefully.

Hammerhead6814
May 23, 2010, 03:32 AM
Once again someone makes the smarter choice between the XCR and ACR. Follow Carter's example THR. And tell your friends. And wives and/or mistresses.

Carter
May 23, 2010, 03:49 AM
Once again someone makes the smarter choice between the XCR and ACR. Follow Carter's example THR. And tell your friends. And wives and/or mistresses.

You sir have just made my night. Haha. Priceless.

Carter
May 23, 2010, 04:24 AM
Well I just heard back from a Robarm Rep at 3amish on a Sunday morning/Saturday night. Amazing in and of itself. But it seems this wait is normal and that they have everything in stock but not built. I guess if they can take the time to get back to me at 3am I can wait 3 weeks. Besides its one heck of a rifle.

May 23, 2010, 02:00 PM
What's the going rate for a XCR these days?

Maverick223
May 23, 2010, 02:38 PM
What's the going rate for a XCR these days?The ones I have seen go for about $1750.00, but I haven't shopped around for one, so you may be able to best that by a bit.

Carter
May 23, 2010, 02:54 PM
How much you pay largely depends on what configuration you get and where you get it. If you order straight from robarm.com you will pay alot more. The moe folding stock (I think thats what its called) that it is always pictured with costs you $275 and you'll also pay a lot for flip up sights. If you have a good local dealer you should be around $15xx or $16xx with a light barrel, flip up sights, m4 stock adaptor, and the rest basic configuration.

Carter
June 3, 2010, 08:13 PM
Just heard back from a Robarm rep again today. Going to be another 2-3 weeks before my rifle ships. They had machining problems and had to retool their factory and are backed up on orders...

Just my luck. 3 week wait turns in to 5 to 6 weeks.

bpl
June 3, 2010, 10:03 PM
Bummer! Let us know how you like it when it comes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just ordered a XCR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!