Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .32H&R Magnum?

PDA

Thirties
November 30, 2003, 06:09 PM
Is it true? I'm going to contact my loacal dealer and place an order, as long as they don't charge a premium for it.

Anyone have more info?

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .32H&R Magnum?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Detritus
November 30, 2003, 06:34 PM
don't know if it's true, but the rumor of one has been circulating through the CAS comunity for a few years now (it would be a perfect companion for a brace of .32 H&R single sixes aka "Voqueritos") Marlin has made noises about it in the past then pulled back and vascillated (mainly due to being near or at capacity on all their production lines and no room in the factory to add another line/run or so they claim).

it would be nice if they DID bring one out, but i'm treating it like those Tristar 1887 Winchester clones untill i SEE one i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Byron
November 30, 2003, 07:36 PM
I saw on Davidson's Gallery of Guns the Marlin was allocated and a cost of $800+. That will keep me from getting one. I reload for my Rugers and enjoy the cartridge. Maybe Winchester or Ruger will offer something. Byron

Thirties
November 30, 2003, 07:52 PM
Byron, absolutely right! At $800 this is not a rifle, but an investement in gold coin.

Jim Watson
December 1, 2003, 12:06 AM
Picture in the SHOT magazine shows a Marlin .32 to be officially introduced at the Show in February. Loads through a slot in the magazine tube like a .22 lr. Prices will come down as they get the pipeline full.

Detritus
December 1, 2003, 12:45 AM
Loads through a slot in the magazine tube like a .22 lr.

so they decided to base it on the 1897/39 frame instead of the larger 1894 then??

December 1, 2003, 12:50 AM
Yet another thing that sounds fascinating that I have no use for.

sebago
December 1, 2003, 06:05 AM
Ditto. (sigh)

Jim Watson
December 1, 2003, 09:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loads through a slot in the magazine tube like a .22 lr.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so they decided to base it on the 1897/39 frame instead of the larger 1894 then??

No.
The model designation is Model 1894 - 32 Carbine.
The picture looks like a '94 receiver without loading gate.

There was a lot of speculation on the SASS Wire that it would be a recreation of the 1892 .32 on the small frame but Col Vernon S. Megee found that gun was not strong enough for top .38 S&W Long loads if rechambered from .32 Long Colt/.32 Long Rimfire.

Dave T
December 1, 2003, 10:09 AM
This is needed (along with the "Voqueritos") because the punishing recoil of the 38 Special is too much for the All American Cowboy?

Detritus
December 1, 2003, 10:27 AM
This is needed (along with the "Voqueritos") because the punishing recoil of the 38 Special is too much for the All American Cowboy?

actually the main "niche" amoung the SASS crowd for both guns is younger and/or smaller framed shooters, those that want the lightest legal round WITHOUT having to make "mousefart" loads (they go "ppffff" instead of "bang"), and those who simply LIKE having a number of different "rigs" to shoot as teh mood strikes them.

in otherwords it's just another option that's been brought to the table. has nothing to do with "wimping out".

go8dalejr
December 1, 2003, 05:38 PM
Marlins lever actions are really nice shooters never shot a 32 before
though.

Dave T
December 1, 2003, 06:21 PM
actually the main "niche" amoung the SASS crowd for both guns is younger and/or smaller framed shooters

Detritus,

That may be your experience/belief but is sure isn't mine. After shooting "cowboy" for 9 years I got out of it because it was getting "gamy" just like every other shooting sport eventually does. When the winners are all shooting extreemly down loaded rounds - including the lightest 38 Specials you can imagine - I lost interest.

I went back and watched part of a match some months back, at the behest of a friend who wants me to get back into it. The "Voqueritos" were not being shot by youngters, ladies or small framed shooters, they were the handgun of choice of the grown up adult males who think winning a pin or ribbon is more important than anything else.

I actually don't care what you or anyone else shoots, the popularity of the "32" is just a sign of what cowboy shooting has become.

Butch
December 2, 2003, 04:43 PM
Dont know bout enny ov yo cowboy games. I wont one cuse I thank it wud be fun to shoot critters like boby kittins & coypuppys wit.:p :neener:

Butch
December 7, 2003, 03:37 PM
Here it is.

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/pics/41306.jpg

Marlin says it will ship in May.

Gosh it's purdy.

http://fivewinks.net/homer.gif

ACP230
December 7, 2003, 07:24 PM
My 11 year-old likes the idea of the Marlin .32 Magnum lever.
We heard an announcement about it on Gun Talk today and both thought it would make a neat rabbit gun.
My son wanted me to buy a Ruger single action in .32 Magnum back in the early fall. Maybe I should have.

Kentucky Rifle
December 8, 2003, 10:09 AM
I like .32 H&R Mags very much in a J-frame. I own an 1894C Marlin in .357 mag, but I'll buy a Marlin lever-gun in .32 mag as soon as the price gets cut in half. The wife paid less than $400.00 for my 1894C. (NIB!) I don't see why the .32 mag version shouldn't come down in price. $800.00 is WAY too much.

KR

Butch
December 8, 2003, 09:36 PM
Got mine ordered today. Looks like it's going to be about $600.00 range.
Davidson's said that they were surprised at the number of orders comming in for this gun.:D :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .32H&R Magnum?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!