Rock Island Hi Cap Issue/question

PDA

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
May 23, 2010, 02:16 PM
When I first got the gun I had trouble getting all 14 rds in the mag but Ivan at Armscor instructed me to load them full let them sit for a week then unload them and reload them again. That worked but I'm still having a hard time inserting the mag when it's fully loaded. I have to push pretty hard to get the fully loaded mag to lock into place. Has anyone else had issues like this with any hi cap 45's like the Para 14 etc?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock Island Hi Cap Issue/question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
May 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Has anyone else had issues like this with any hi cap 45's like the Para 14 etc?

Yup. Glock 21 too.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
May 27, 2010, 08:43 PM
Loading andd unloading them every few days seem to be working,also people I've talked to carry 13rds instead of 14 in their Hi cap 45's.

The Lone Haranguer
May 28, 2010, 01:44 AM
Has anyone else had issues like this with any hi cap 45's like the Para 14 etc?

I've had a P-O P12 and a Glock 30, both of which cram fat heavy cartridges into small spaces, and found loaded mags quite difficult to seat against a closed slide.

Full Metal Jacket
May 28, 2010, 02:22 AM
many hi-cap .45's have this issue. the mag springs are thick/strong in order to push up those heavy bullets.

it breaks in eventually :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock Island Hi Cap Issue/question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!