coal creek armory

PDA

kenman
May 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with the gunsmith services offered at the coal creek armory in Knoxville? I was thinking of having some work done on one of my 1911's and was curious what your experience was dealing with them and what quality workmanship was done.
Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "coal creek armory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Publius1688
May 23, 2010, 11:56 PM
My experience with CCA has been very hit and miss through the years. For any serious work, I would take the 1911 to Gunny's in Maryville. His building isn't as fancy, but they know what they're doing, and won't nail you with the price, either.

laktrash
May 25, 2010, 07:41 PM
I took my S&W CS45 to them. The trigger had a click "for lack of better description" They never really told me what they did, something about parts availabilty and recurve trigger. They charged me for Test for function I think. reasonable priced I can't remember $50 or so and click was gone. I like the people at gunnys probably give them a shot next time. There is somebody down on papermill I think that also works on them also I'll try find out there name

Ala Dan
May 25, 2010, 09:38 PM
THR's very own Tamara knows this place really well~! :cool: :D

Sapper771
May 25, 2010, 11:22 PM
I have not had many good dealings with CCA's gunsmiths.

CCA has a great store front and they normally have a good selection of different firearms and accessories, but I prefer to deal with other shops due to some (not all) of their staff's attittudes.

I think the place that the other Gentlemen was talking about on Papermill is Predator Custom Shop.
I have dealt with Predator several times. My experiences with Predator has been great. They have coated a few of my pistols, worked on several of my Glocks, mounted several scopes, and transferred several guns for me. They are good people.

laktrash
May 26, 2010, 09:01 AM
I too felt the lack of interest from employees. Gunnys staff was more than helpful but have I never used their smith services. My deal a CCA was quick and simple but no answers. You'll find alot of imput on www.tngunowners.com which might be helpful. CCA seems to have reputation.

If you enjoyed reading about "coal creek armory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!