Remington/Spartan 22/410

PDA

Ratshooter
May 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
Last June I bought a Remington imported Spartan 22/410 combo gun made by Baikal in Russia. I bought the gun on a whim. I had a Savage 22mag/20guage that I didn't really like and sold it it unfired for a good profit.

Well a couple of days ago I went shooting and took the Spartan 410/22. I had this gun almost a full year before shooting it. Wow what a nice shooting little combo gun this is. I set the sights with a laser bore sighter before I went and got them so close I had no reason to make further adjustments.

I had no idea how hard a 410 hit at 25 yards. It really bounces an empty bean can. I shot federal bulk 22s abd CCI CB longs at 25 yards and the full powered rounds out to 45 yards or so at turtles.

I am mad at myself for waiting so long to shoot this gun. If you see one for a good price you might consider picking one up. I wish Remington still imported them because I think I would have a couple more.

One more thing. If you look at a picture of one the rear sight looks like it is installed backwards because it leans to the front. I switched mine around and it sure improves the looks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington/Spartan 22/410" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Milkmaster
May 23, 2010, 09:38 PM
What, no pictures? We need photos!

Ratshooter
May 25, 2010, 06:23 PM
Sorry, no photos. I couldn't even find one on GB or the net to steal.

I will say that I was so impressed with the 410 round that I went pawn shopping today to see if I could find a single shot 410 and found a Mossberg 283TA that has a 2 round fixed mag with 3 rounds total if you wish. Its very clean and light weight. I paid a $100 OTD.

I am really going to have to find a way to load these 410 shells. Those suckers are expensive. I did buy some Rio 3" for 410 a box. You can tell they are low budget but people do reload the empties.

I sure wish Lee Reloading still made the little simple 410 loader they used to make. You see them on ebay and they allways go for around $90 bucks. You would think that Lee would pick up on this.

25 Pdr
May 26, 2010, 05:28 PM
Baikal Guns are great value for the money...I own several 12Ga O/U.

Here is a photo of the Baikal 94 in 22/410..
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee142/smle_01/kniejowkaizh94lv9.jpg

More info from Canada...Can't seem to access the Russian Web site at the moments.

http://www.baikalcanada.com/rifles_combo_94mp.htm

thunder173
June 29, 2010, 03:46 PM
Actually own two. Bought the first one in .22LR over 410, my wife liked it so well,..she claimed it, ...so I went back to the LGS and bought the other one that was in the rack next to it. The second one is in .22 WMR over 410,...and I have been looking for a 12 gauge over .308 ever since. The pic above seems to be one of the shotgun over center fires. They make them in a 20 gauge with .22LR or .22 WMR as well as 12 over .223/.308 and 30/06........

Anyways,..mine is the Baikal but has the USSG stamping on it it. Fair priced,..not to far out of this world when I got them. $325 each,..bought within a few months of each other. Have had mine for about a year now I guess. Both shoot decent for a combo. The rear sight IS awkward looking,...albeit functional. Hadn't thought about turning it around,..may try that. Too bad they quit importing them. If I see one in the rack in 12 gauge over anything,..it'll probably follow me home.

I like mine. Others may not....each to their own.

winchester '97
July 4, 2010, 06:32 PM
interesting bit of trivia, the front sight is the post sight from the AK47. Also i love my spartan 12 guage o/u. Thing is built like a frikkin tank and it was priced right and looks really nice too.

Ratshooter
July 5, 2010, 05:27 PM
Thunder you are correct. Thats the center fire version. The rear sight on the 22/410 is right in front of the receiver. It looks worlds better turned around the other way. Plus it gives a black sight picture instead of a shiny, reflective surface.

I wish I could find one in 22mag/410 or ever a 22mag/20guage. I love 22mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington/Spartan 22/410" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!