Folding Stock Accessory

PDA

grahng
May 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know if anyone makes an accessory attchment to allow a collapsible stock to become folding as well. This wouuld be for a pistion AR, Ruger 556, that does not utilize, have, the buffer spring and buffer in the stock?

If you enjoyed reading about "Folding Stock Accessory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sv51macross
May 23, 2010, 08:35 PM
Just because the AR-15 is piston-driven doesn't mean it doesn't need the buffer tube. the SR-556 still has the big, long bolt carrier that recoils back into the receiver extension. the only difference is that instead of a puff of hot gas pushing the BCG, back, a piston is knocking it. the only way to have a folding stock on an AR-15 is to get an Olympic Arms OA-93 carbine upper or a Para-Ordnance TTR upper (if they sell just the upper).

Sorry man.

grahng
May 23, 2010, 09:00 PM
That's cool. I apprecaite the info. Kinda was thinking that would be the case.
Have a great week.
Jerry

desidog
May 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
There is a hinge piece that works, i think it is for a SCAR...but might be wrong. However, where-ever it was that i ran across it, they wanted 100 or 150 bucks for this little (inexpensive to manufacture) item that the only use i can think of is with a Ceiner kit in a .22lr dedicated AR...perhaps after winning the lotto i'll revisit this.

zstephens13
May 24, 2010, 05:18 AM
what about Rock River's PPS. It shows their performance piston system carbine comes with a folding stock on it. I'll definitely be getting one of those pretty soon...

MetalHead
May 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
What you (OP) are describing is a AR180 or Armalite AR180B with a fold kit.

jmorris
May 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.zmweapons.com/lr_rifles.htm

Has what you are looking for no buffer or tube with a side folder.

http://zmweapons.com/LRs.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Folding Stock Accessory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!