Any Experience With General Bullet - All copper?

PDA

BTP
May 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
I first noticed this bullet company a few months ago on Midway (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=197396) I found the companies website today:

http://www.generalbullet.com/

Has anyone used their components?
How do they compare to Barnes?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Experience With General Bullet - All copper?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snuffy
May 24, 2010, 02:54 PM
No thanks, I'll pass! Not for darn near 50 cents apiece for .400 140 grain bullets. I wish them luck on their new product, they're going to need it!

They are playing right into the hands of the EPA and their wish to ban lead in every aspect of our daily life. Witness the California bans on lead wheelweights, and lead bullets in the state.

The statements on their website,Our lead-free, solid copper hollow point bullets means less harmful materials into our environment. They are also suitable for lead-free practice facilities. If you're a hunter, our lead-free bullets are the only safe choice if you are to consume your game later. If you are shooting for sport, lead-free is the environmentally friendly solution.

I've been hunting with and eating game shot with copper jacketed lead bullets for over 50 years. I'm not in the least affected by it.

Also, note that solid copper bullets are a lot longer than the same weight lead cored bullet. That requires deeper seating, resulting in less powder capacity and higher pressures. Besides, they may not be stable in standard rifling twists.

arizona_cards_11
May 24, 2010, 04:47 PM
$300 for 1000 .45 acp bullets...........I might as well buy ammo if reloading is going to cost me $350 per thousand.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Experience With General Bullet - All copper?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!