Want the Special Edition LCP?

PDA

Guillermo
May 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
Apparently the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry, shot a coyote that was threatening his daughter's lab puppy with a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace.

Ruger released a commemorative edition.

I think it is silly but according to the article they are hot.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0SPBFEe-eB5DMcV5yoFS7JpJjcwD9FTDN0O0

I won't be buying one but thought it was a funny promotion for Ruger

If you enjoyed reading about "Want the Special Edition LCP?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JAguirre
May 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
Thats good marketing by Ruger...Im sure there are a lot of people who want it to add it to their collection.

G27RR
May 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
It was funny enough that I bought one today. They've apparently been selling very well. I got the last one my dealer had. I was in the market for an LCP eventually anyway, or I wouldn't have bought it. I'll try to get some pics up later if nobody else does.

Guillermo
May 24, 2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.statesman.com/multimedia/dynamic/00444/Governor-Shoots-Coy_444416c.jpg

Phydeaux642
May 24, 2010, 08:53 PM
I would rather have the one with the engraving done to it that my LGS has. I bought a TCP instead.

wrs840
May 24, 2010, 09:13 PM
I wonder how the Coyote fared?

I own one LCP, and it's not something I ever see being a collectors item... you definitely don't need more than one. :D

That said, I think this Commemorative Edition is kinda cool.

les

Nico Testosteros
May 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'll give the Ruger marketing guys credit for seizing the opportunity.

But....A True Texan on such a tiny gun?

Guillermo
May 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
I thought a more appropriate gun for such a declaration would be a single stack 45 from the premium gun maker STI. It is made by some good people in Georgetown Texas only a few miles from the capital of Texas

sturmgewehr
May 25, 2010, 05:49 PM
While I don't want it, I do think it's cool and pretty funny. I hope it sells well for Ruger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Want the Special Edition LCP?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!