Caught a bullet in flight on video

PDA

sturmgewehr
May 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
Check this out (watch it in 720p HD if you have the bandwidth):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CarOc30aEkg

I thought that was kind of cool. I've seen it before. I didn't see the bullet with my naked eye (although I have in the past), but I caught it on video and noticed it at home.

If the sun is just right (in this case to my back) it will hit a bullet just right allowing you to see it in flight to the target.

The plate is a little over 50 yards away and I'm shooting a 230gr lead bullet at about 850fps (from the muzzle).

If you enjoyed reading about "Caught a bullet in flight on video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
IlikeSA
May 24, 2010, 07:33 PM
Nice! That gong sounded like a huge church bell in slow mo!

M2 Carbine
May 24, 2010, 08:08 PM
Pretty cool.:)

I see bullets in flight all the time but I've never tried to get one on video.

Good shooting at 50 yards to.

searcher451
May 24, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes, excellent shooting. Thanks for sharing the video.

Full Metal Jacket
May 24, 2010, 08:20 PM
next time you're at the range with a .45 230grn fmj, watch closely--you can see little flickers of light going downrange.

that's the sun reflecting off the round. not hard to see. the .45 is a big fat slow moving bullet.

atblis
May 25, 2010, 12:16 AM
Trying shooting a 22lr at long ranges (200 yards or so). With a quality scope, and the sun just right, you can watch the bullet for most of its flight. Pretty cool.

Magnumite
May 25, 2010, 12:38 AM
Check out the Aguilla No Gunpowder 22 ammo under the same conditions. Really obvious then.

gofastman
May 25, 2010, 01:54 AM
Just goes to show how slow and stupid the .45 is :neener:
(kidding of course)

If you enjoyed reading about "Caught a bullet in flight on video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!