Remington 700 sight question ?

PDA

Randy1911
May 24, 2010, 08:34 PM
I need to move the sight on my Rem. 700 just a little to get it out of the way of the scope. There were no instructions in the manual that I could find. All I need to do is slide it about 1/4" up the ramp to get it out of the way of the scopoe. I have loosened the two screws on the sight and neither one will let the sight slide up the ramp. How do I get this to move? Thanks for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 700 sight question ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCsmitty
May 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
I believe that there is a small socket head screw on the side that pinches the sliding part of the sight to secure it.
I'm not where I can view my Remington iron sights right now.

NCsmitty

Randy1911
May 24, 2010, 10:34 PM
NCsmithy

No luck. I took that screw completely out and it still wouldn't move. I guess I will run down to my local smith tomorrow and see what he says.

Uncle Mike
May 24, 2010, 10:39 PM
Which model do you have?

If you have ALL the screws out of the sight, give it a gentle but firm whack with a non-marring hammer, such as a dead-blow or leather mallet. Sometimes they stick.

Randy1911
May 24, 2010, 11:28 PM
It is a 700 ADL. I hit it with my hand, but I have a plastic dead blow hammer. I'll give it a small whack.

Randy1911
May 24, 2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks Uncle Mike. It took tapping with the hammer to get it to move, but it finally did.

Uncle Mike
May 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yea... they stick sometimes! Glad you got it running!

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 700 sight question ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!