Coyote Special

PDA

tuckerdog1
May 25, 2010, 11:49 AM
If you're from TX, and are interested.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Governors-showdown-spurs-Coyote-Special-pistol-94814429.html

Governor's showdown spurs 'Coyote Special' pistol
by The Associated Press

kvue.com

Posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:03 AM

AUSTIN, Texas -- Gov. Rick Perry's showdown on the jogging trail has spurred a gun maker to sell a "Coyote Special" edition of the weapon he used to bring down a varmint.

Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc., which makes the .380-caliber pistol Perry used to shoot a coyote he said was threatening his dog, has come out with a limited-edition version.

It is emblazoned with "Coyote Special" and "A True Texan" on the sides. On top is a picture of a coyote howling at the moon and five-pointed star of Texas.

The gun sells for about $340. A laser sight -- like the one Perry uses -- will cost about $180 more. The box says the gun is "For Sale to Texans Only."

Joe McBride, owner of McBride's Guns in Austin where Perry is a frequent shopper, said sales have been brisk.

If you enjoyed reading about "Coyote Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
REPOMAN
May 25, 2010, 01:16 PM
We all need a "gov" like him......:what:

Double Naught Spy
May 25, 2010, 01:27 PM
Saw this on the local morning news. According to the newscasters, the Coyote Special costs about $30 more than the same model without the name and star.

Boba Fett
May 25, 2010, 01:32 PM
Heard about that yesterday on the radio. Kind of cool, but nah...not for me.

Here's a pic:
http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=286954&stc=1&d=1274124812

NG VI
May 25, 2010, 02:02 PM
Good Lord in Heaven that thing is hideous

Boba Fett
May 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Good Lord in Heaven that thing is hideous

Yeah I know. I was disappointed. I was hoping it would have like the Texas Lonestar on the grips and maybe more of a Texas take on it. But all they did was screenprint (I'm sure it's something better than screenprint) some stuff on it.

And for that the gun is $30 more...

NG VI
May 25, 2010, 04:57 PM
I do like the star on top of the slide. The rest of it can go.

Tilos
May 25, 2010, 05:18 PM
With that Logo...ya think it has a Lone Wolf barrel:confused::uhoh:

LawofThirds
May 25, 2010, 06:04 PM
It's apparently not from Ruger. Some distributor/dealer is doing the engraving.

Info on thefirearmblog.com

huduguru
May 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
"We all need a "gov" like him...... "

An open borders Rino that is a big budget George Bush
clone? No thanks, I'll take a Governor like Brewer from
AZ...

If you enjoyed reading about "Coyote Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!