When I get my CZ-75b tomorrow...

PDA

Lvl21nerd
May 25, 2010, 10:10 PM
its supposed to be in a sealed bag with oil (from what i have been told so far)

i ask: what is the best stuff to clean it up when it is in this state?

tonight i bought some "Winchester CLP" at Wally, figuring it would be suitable for the job

was i correct, and will it also provide sufficient lube for the slide rails?

If you enjoyed reading about "When I get my CZ-75b tomorrow..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wishoot
May 25, 2010, 10:33 PM
CLP will clean it up quite well. I pretty much use CLP to clean and lube my CZ and it's never let me down.

Congrats on your new CZ.

NOLAEMT
May 26, 2010, 12:21 AM
should be fine...

Haifisch
May 26, 2010, 01:07 AM
Good Luck.

Jed Carter
May 26, 2010, 04:58 AM
Save your lube and get a Bottle of at least 91% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to cut the crud. Using lube to clean lube leaves too much lube, my CZ likes to run on the dry side. Clean and lube are 2 separate steps IMO.

GojuBrian
May 26, 2010, 05:15 AM
One thing for sure, you are going to be very happy! :D

bikerdoc
May 26, 2010, 06:01 AM
Welcome to CZ addiction.

Indeed clean and lube are 2 separate steps.

A word of advice, use the snap cap provided and try to get 1000 trigger pulls, Amazing how smoth the trigger pull gets.

Good luck! and enjoy.

Lvl21nerd
May 26, 2010, 07:55 PM
a snap cap wasnt included :(

but when i ordered it, the catalog said i would get one 10 rd mag, but actually got two 16 rd mags

but yeah, to say i'm thrilled would be an understatement

when i cleaned it down with the Win CLP, i just wiped everything down after spraying all the surfaces, and used a few patches down the barrel

do i need to specifically lube the slide rails? (or will the previous cleaning process with the CLP be sufficient?

GojuBrian
May 26, 2010, 08:18 PM
A few drops of oil after cleaning is good. My 75b has functioned flawlessly for many trips this way.

SharpsDressedMan
May 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
Don't get upset if it's not in a bag. The dealer may remove it to read and record the serial number. Some may want to get a real look at the number to verify it.

Lvl21nerd
May 26, 2010, 10:02 PM
ok now im in the market for a magazine loader

the two mags that came with are super tight even after i disassembled them and lubed them up

cant get them to load past 12 rounds even though they show capacity for 16

conhntr
May 26, 2010, 10:21 PM
I cAme within an inch of buying a 75b today. I liked the sights, the grip(alot!), the weight etc...

However I have two concerns. While the trigger was decent it had alot of takeup. It wasn't too heavy gritty or stacking the normal complaints but there was a lot of take up until the trigger started to "pull" on anything. I tried to examples and both had the long sloppy take up then were fine after that. Is this adjustable or fixable?

And second holsters. I've been looking around and there are just not that many choices.

550$ it'd though got me seriously thinking

basicblur
May 27, 2010, 02:01 AM
Go directly HERE (http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula_uplula.htm)-do not pass GO, do not collect $200! :D

And iff'n anybody tells you different, let me know first 'cuz I got a box of speed loaders that almost work (keep it right next to my box o' holsters)! :banghead:

Kingofthehill
May 27, 2010, 10:08 AM
the two mags that came with are super tight even after i disassembled them and lubed them up

Don't lube up the Magazines. It will get debris and slow the spring rate and in time will cause problems. If you feel the need to keep them somewhat lubed up do this.

Take them apart, clean them with hot soap and water. Dry it out very well and then take a silicone gun cloth and run it through the inside of the magazine body and lightly swipe it around the spring and follower.

The silicone won't attract gunk like regular oil will.

JOe

ClickClickD'oh
May 27, 2010, 10:20 AM
And second holsters. I've been looking around and there are just not that many choices.

www.highnoonholsters.com

Philo_Beddoe
May 27, 2010, 12:51 PM
I cAme within an inch of buying a 75b today. I liked the sights, the grip(alot!), the weight etc...

However I have two concerns. While the trigger was decent it had alot of takeup. It wasn't too heavy gritty or stacking the normal complaints but there was a lot of take up until the trigger started to "pull" on anything. I tried to examples and both had the long sloppy take up then were fine after that. Is this adjustable or fixable?

550$ it'd though got me seriously thinking

There is alot of take up single action because the double action pull is long.

You could have the firing pin safety removed and a trigger job done by CZ custom which will shorten the pull and reset or you could just buy a model that does not have the firing pin safety. Both the shadow model and cz 85 combat come without a firing pin safety.

The orginal CZ 75 did not have the firing pin safety, The current "B" models have it.

For holsters I would go bladetech dropped offset if you like kydex.

Daniel1120
May 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
Your CZ should have come with a mag loader. Both of mine did. The 'universal pistol loader unloader acccesory' (UPLULA) is the best mag loader on the market. Last I saw, it was $25 at Academy. The one that comes with the CZ's is pretty basic but definitely works.

Haifisch
May 27, 2010, 01:43 PM

cant get them to load past 12 rounds even though they show capacity for 16

Glock

armoredman
May 27, 2010, 01:49 PM
Glock is not the answer.
Fixed it for ya. :)

I have a spare CZ mag loader around here I can send you if you want. Also, czech out czforum.com, LOTS of CZ info, including holster and grip makers. There are pletny of accesories out there if you're willing to look. Welcome to the side of the light!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/warning.jpg

Philo_Beddoe
May 27, 2010, 02:50 PM
Glock

Only if you want a limp wrist failure proned, slide biting, kaboom machine. :)

Lvl21nerd
May 27, 2010, 10:55 PM
i think i will invest in the UpLULA

also, hows that VZ-58 treatin' u armoredman?

BCRider
May 27, 2010, 11:21 PM
You won't be sorry. The Maglula is the best loading gizmo I've tried so far out of about half a dozen.

And for all that the Glock owners would have you believe that their guns were designed and produced by holy dieties the Glock mags have got to be THE HARDEST ones to load the last round into that I've come across.

Congrats on a great gun. And if you are looking for something that isn't for concealed carry then look at Bladetech. I'm using one of their DOH model holsters for IPSC and it's very, very nice.

millertyme
May 28, 2010, 03:44 PM
Um, Hi. My name is Dallas and I'm addicted to CZ's. I bought my first CZ, a model 75B with TruDot sights, about a week ago after trying CZ for the first time the week previous. I couldn't explain it. I hit most everything I aimed at and everything felt so, so natural. After shooting a CZ for the first time I knew I had to do it again, and again, and again. I looked high and low for a CZ to call my own, and I know that despite getting one of my own last week that I'll likely end up with another. I want to get the rest of my family hooked on them, but most of them are apprehensive to try it out for the first time. I don't suppose I'll kick the habit, not that I'd want to anyways.

schmeky
May 28, 2010, 04:14 PM
I want to get the rest of my family hooked on them

Ha. Here's an interesting little story. I was shooting at a local indoor range about a year ago. I have some friends that work in probation and parole (I work in parallel agency) and one of the P&P guys I knew showed up one afternoon. Just so happened I had my SP-01 with a .40 top-end loaded with a really sweet, accurate handload (4.0 gns WW231, Missouri 170 LSWC).

My friend had never fired a CZ, so I let him dry fire it and get a general feel for my SP, then handed him a mag of 12 rounds. He ran the full body silhoutte to 20 yards, then put all 12 rounds centered in the head. He just stared at the pistol for several seconds, then said, "Damn, I gotta get one of these . . . damn".

:rolleyes:

ol' scratch
May 28, 2010, 05:10 PM
I have used CLP and switched to Gunzilla for cleaning. It cleans up easier and smells better. I use Mobil One Synthetic Motor Oil. Works very well. I have used it for going on two years with no problems. The best part is that it is cheap. A quart lasts forever.

Lvl21nerd
May 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
Finally shot it today!! :D

i'm pretty new to semi-autos and when i racked the slide, i didnt release like i should have and sorta jammed the first bullet for a sec but once it got up in thar, it fired a whole mag flawlessly

(only one mag cuz i live on 3 acres at the edge of town, and i didnt want to have to mess with talkin with the cops so i shot it on our wooded acre)

yep, love mah CZ :D

Kingofthehill
May 28, 2010, 10:28 PM
yeah, when you rack it, do it with authority. Let that slide slingshot forward. If your gentel with it, it usually won't feed that first round properly.

Glad your liking your CZ. They are fantastic firearms. Id rather have a CZ75 then 90% of semi auto's out there on the market of any price.

JOe

metalman8600
May 28, 2010, 10:48 PM
wait wait... CZs take clips?

armoredman
May 29, 2010, 09:37 AM
lvl21nerd, very fond of my CZ rifles...
:)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/527/006.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "When I get my CZ-75b tomorrow..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!