Vat doez zis doo?

PDA

Nushif
May 27, 2010, 01:14 PM
Alright. got a bit of a nublike question here.

I have never modified a handgun myself. While I own one that has an optional grip and a hammer shroud ... I didn't put them on.

That being said, I have a stock Colt New Agent in 9mm and a loooong couple of weeks with little to do other than shoot it.
What kind of modifications for these even exist out there and what do they do? I am utterly clueless at this point. Which ones are cost effective and really change the dynamics of shooting them and which ones are expensive fluff?

I know most of this is opinion but arguably for instance a new trigger will improve shooting more than ... I don't know, a different colored grip.

P.S.
Is there a .22 conversion kit for this one yet? I want one badly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vat doez zis doo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lonestar49
May 27, 2010, 01:31 PM

Actually, you're kinda limited to what you can do with this/your gun..

Can't change the sights, you've got what you've got, for the most part.

About the only things you can change/modify are the grips, mags, or choice of ammo, weight wise/velocity wise, in 9mm only, as, IIRC, there are no 22lr kits for the Colt Agent..

It's a type gun made for some people, not for others, and is designed, IMHO, as a very close range SD/HD type, point and shoot, shooter..

You should know within 1000 rounds, if it is gonna work for ya..

OMMV

Luck,

Ls

Nushif
May 27, 2010, 01:37 PM
Oh it works. Now I wanna play with it more.

The sights are fine, so I'm not worried about those. I'd just like to make this one my first customized gun.
Bummer on the lack of conversion though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vat doez zis doo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!