My "test fire" review of the Remington 1911 R1

PDA

Trebor
May 27, 2010, 12:40 PM
I got a chance to fondle and shoot the new Remington 1911 R1 last week.

Here's the review I wrote as the "Michigan Firearms Examiner" at Examiner.com.

A "test fire" review of the Remington 1911 R1 (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-46215-Michigan-Firearms-Examiner~y2010m5d27-A-test-fire-review-of-the-new-Remington-1911-R1)

If you want to read more of my gun reviews and other articles on firearms and shooting, please subscribe to my "Michigan Firearms Examiner" page.

Pay is based on subscribers, page views, and other factors, so you would be helping me out.

Btw, I am also still the "Detroit Gun Rights Examiner (http://www.examiner.com/x-30265-Detroit-Gun-Rights-Examiner)" where I write about gun politics and laws. Please note you have to subscribe to each of my columns individually. If you only sign up for one you'll miss out on updates on the other column.

If you enjoyed reading about "My "test fire" review of the Remington 1911 R1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
panther22
May 27, 2010, 01:11 PM
A well written review, thanks.

bdb benzino
May 27, 2010, 01:18 PM
Nice write up thanks!

Trebor
May 28, 2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

The next "test fire" review will go up Tuesday.

What do you want to see next: The Ruger LCR or S&W M&P Pro in .40?

1KPerDay
May 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the report. :cool:

[grammar nazi] Just a couple of things I noticed in a quick read-through... if you plan to continue your professional writing career, work on "then" vs. "than."

these sights are much easier to see and use then the original military sights
I think it has more to do with my own lack of familiarity with the pistol and the limited time I had to shoot it then with any failing of the pistol itself.

[/grammar nazi] :)

Walkalong
May 28, 2010, 02:15 PM
[grammar nazi]
where I right write about gun politics and laws.
Sorry :D

Nice write up. Thanks.

Full Metal Jacket
May 28, 2010, 02:16 PM
coolness, thanx for the update.

wish they made it a series 70 though.....

Trebor
May 28, 2010, 02:55 PM
"then/than" fixed thanks.

tekarra
May 28, 2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the report. I have been wating for a report for some time.

wditto
May 28, 2010, 08:48 PM
anybody hazard a guess as to who really makes the gun/parts ?

Full Metal Jacket
May 29, 2010, 12:25 AM
^^who knows. there's not doubt, however, that they use MIM or cast parts at the pricepoint.

not an issue, if they're quality made......

If you enjoyed reading about "My "test fire" review of the Remington 1911 R1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!