Any HK experts that can splain this?

PDA

IMTHDUKE
May 28, 2010, 01:59 PM
I have a LEM trigger on a P2000sk...but not sure I know what this concealed cocking piece in the spurriess hammer is all about. Anyone?

P30 V1:
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurrless hammer, without de-cocking button. Constant LEM trigger pull of approximately 4.5 pounds (20 Newtons) and defined let-off point.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any HK experts that can splain this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Samgotit
May 28, 2010, 02:10 PM
All I can tell you is I'm hesitant to detail strip my LEM P30 precisely because I have no idea what the relationship is between the cocking piece and its spring. Wish I could help.

IMTHDUKE
May 28, 2010, 02:15 PM
How do you like the LEM on the P30? That is a gun I sold that I regret, it was SA/DA.

Samgotit
May 28, 2010, 02:45 PM
The V2 LEM is the only LEM available in the U.S. at the moment AFAIK. It's better after replacing a few springs, which basically makes it more like the V1 (the pull spec). Just be warned, the TRS spring is not easy. See HKpro.com.

The trigger pull on the the DA/SA V3 is awful. The reset on the V2 LEM is long, longer than the V3 and the LEM on my USPc (the LEM trigger on that gun was perfect out of the box for a CC gun IMO). I think the P30 is the best production handgun on the market today, but all versions available now need their triggers modified.

The V3's problems, along with any other version, can all be solved by sending it to Gray's Gun. It's not cheap but for competition it's the holy grail for me. I'll probably sen him my V2 as well.

I also hear Bill Springfield is doing good things with them.

IMTHDUKE
May 28, 2010, 03:01 PM
I am trying to decide whether to sell my P2000sk LEM and get a USP compact or a P30. Give me your opinions, please.

Samgotit
May 28, 2010, 04:08 PM
What's the gun going to be for?

IMTHDUKE
May 28, 2010, 04:35 PM
House gun/range.

Samgotit
May 28, 2010, 05:47 PM
V2 p30 - 100%

If you enjoyed reading about "Any HK experts that can splain this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!