10/22 Barrel

PDA

41magsnub
May 29, 2010, 10:39 AM
Is there a aftermarket barrel for a 10/22 out there that is not in the SBR range, but is threaded AND has a dovetail for a sight at the front?

What I keep thinking would be really slick would be a 10/22 carbine with tech sights but with a threaded barrel for a suppressor.

A guy could always get a bull barrel and have it threaded and a dovetail cut into it but I keep thinking there has to be something like this already out there.

If you enjoyed reading about "10/22 Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WoofersInc
May 29, 2010, 03:40 PM
Check with Tactical Solutions. They make several threaded barrels for the 10/22. They may have one.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products

I didn't see one on the website, but I would call them. They frequently have runs of stuff that isn't posted on the site.

lions
May 29, 2010, 03:49 PM
Tech-sights does sell a .920 target barrel dovetail adapter that slips over the muzzle and secures with thread locking compound. It looks like you could slide it on a threaded .920 barrel and leave the threads exposed.

http://www.tech-sights.com/
Click on "Ruger 10/22 sights" located on the left side of the page, then scroll down about halfway.

41magsnub
May 29, 2010, 11:30 PM
Would the tech sight deal actually fit over the threads and not eat up too much length?

Also, ideally I'd like to stay with a sporter style barrel.

lions
May 30, 2010, 03:01 PM
Would the tech sight deal actually fit over the threads and not eat up too much length?

I have no idea, I just happened to see it on their site. You might try posting this in rifle country to get more traffic since this isn't specific to an NFA item.

41magsnub
May 30, 2010, 05:49 PM
jpgrips.com can do it. I'm all set up and the barrel will get mailed on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the options!

PTK
May 30, 2010, 06:03 PM
FWIW, I can take care of that for you. ;)

41magsnub
May 30, 2010, 06:35 PM
You seemed busy :)

PTK
May 30, 2010, 08:18 PM
This weekend, yes. After tomorrow afternoon, back to my non-busy self unfortunately.

If you enjoyed reading about "10/22 Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!