EOtech naming conventions?

PDA

esheato
May 30, 2010, 11:11 PM
Is there a system to how they name their optics?

I'm specifically looking at the XPS series but they have XPS 2s and 3s with a dash and another number. I have a 9mm RRA AR carbine coming in and think this optic would be about perfect.

EOtechs website says the XPS 2 is a non night-vision while the XPS 3 is a night vision compatible version....makes sense, but what's the second number for? Reticle options maybe?

Also, what do the buttons on the back do? Lastly, there's an EXPS also...what the heck is that?

Sorry for the juvenile questions, but I've never played with them before.

Ed

If you enjoyed reading about "EOtech naming conventions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
glock36
May 31, 2010, 01:34 AM
From what I gather the number behind the XPS stands for the number of buttons on the rear xps-2 or 3. No idea about the number 5. I may be rong but that is what I read on their web site

esheato
June 1, 2010, 01:54 AM
Figured it out....thank you Optics Planet.

XPS 2 Non night vision compatible
XPS 3 NV compatible

-1, 2, 3 Reticle options.

-1, normal EOtech circle with dot in center
-2 simple dot only
-3 circle with two dots

EXPS is normal EOtech with riser attached for lower 1/3 co-witness.

I went with the XPS 2-0....it's a 9mm carbine, I don't need night vision compatibility. Larue has good prices BTW..especially if you need a mount in addition to the optic.

Ed

If you enjoyed reading about "EOtech naming conventions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!